Taurus Executive Grade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is this Taurus trying to build a S&W Performance grade pistol without saying their other models are just plain crap?

https://www.taurususa.com/executivegrade

Maybe their drunk monkey machinists or programmers will actually know how to time their cylinders. I’ve seen too many new out of time right out the box. Also seen them lock up.

Maybe executive grade will actually work right

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So is all the Taurus hate. I have owned a few and never had a problem. Of course I only buy or trade for old work horse guns, never the Gee Wiz models.
I have had 2 friends that have had Taurus revos and they both had to send them back to Taurus to be repaired. These things are junk. Look at resale. How often do they move quickly off of the classifieds?

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty much just polishing a turd and hoping it looks better...

To be clear, I have no problems with Taurus guns or any other less expensive brands. Not everyone has a Nighthawk budget. Their guns fill a niche for people who might not be able to afford much more and I think that's a good thing.

But let's be honest. Taurus guns probably mostly work fine for the occasional shooter. They will not stand up to heavy use. I've been to classes where we've shot a couple of thousand rounds over just 2 or 3 days. Every single Taurus I've ever seen at one of these classes has fared poorly. Every one. They aren't built for serious use.

I don't know how much that Executive Grade gun costs but it's too much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom