Taurus Executive Grade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is this instance where a worn out leather holster depressed the trigger. Fault of the gun? Not really. Supposed to inspect your equipment and this holster should have been retired.
View attachment 282977
Now that you mention it I remember that one too. And I bet every time he sits down he is reminded of it. Looks a lot like where my buddy shot himself with my old MAB.
I think part of the reason I distrust striker fired is because I grew up on single action revolvers and was taught to cock as I was bringing the gun level. Heck I still carry hammer down on my SA autos and cock as leveling. I know some will say it is unsafe but with a thumbsnap over the hammer there is little to no chance of it firing.

cmc tom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2006, taurus came out with its 1911, .45acp. Basic competition ready out of the box. Two tone, skeleton trigger, heinie sights, 8 mags and a holster. $609 out the door. Adjusted my reloads, powder and seating depth. 8 shots, 15yds, 2 handed hold, one ragged hole. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2006, taurus came out with its 1911, .45acp. Basic competition ready out of the box. Two tone, skeleton trigger, heinie sights, 8 mags and a holster. $609 out the door. Adjusted my reloads, powder and seating depth. 8 shots, 15yds, 2 handed hold, one ragged hole. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.
Great. I have only had Taurus revolvers but they have all been good. I know a lot of people like to run down the RIA 1911s, but I am very happy with mine.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh and Taurus 1911s were garbage when they came out. They had all sorts of small part issues. In addition, that funky hammer lock turned a bunch of them into single shots. Well known problem at the time.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
C8E510BB-EE0F-47EA-9170-F7AA5D18532F.jpeg

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every single Taurus and Rossi product I have handled, owned, or shot has left a lot to be desired. I still from time to time think of owning a 38spl or 357 mag small frame revolver for when I’m fishing/on the boat, if I lost in in an accident or something, no big deal. but even then, I think I would rather go with a cheap Ruger or smith.

Although, I definitely want to own a circuit judge one day. Those are pretty sweet rigs.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a manual safety guru myself but when looking for an edc I knew in critical times, split seconds count. I went for a Springfield xds mod2 since it had a grip safety along with the trigger safety and it works for me. Being a healthy growing boy (no wise cracks!), I was always nervous about getting a shirt tail or similar caught in trigger while holstering. Even being extra cautious and slow with holstering I still keep my palm off the grip safety and just grip it lower down towards the extended mag just as an extra measure of safety. My first carry was a bersa mini firestorm in 40s&w...ya'll can stop laughing anytime now... while it had a hammer and manual safety I never could get over the damn de-cocker! That thing would make me squint every time I'd thumb the safety on waiting for a round to go off. Yeah, I know💅:laugh6:

Latest posts

Top Bottom