Taurus G3C for $158 after rebate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I bought a G2c and a G3 and a G3c, have since sold them, but only because I replaced them with Caniks. Probably 1500 rds between all of them, not one issue. Never knew a Taurus semi auto worth a damn outside of that except their Beretta copies.
Years ago, during the range part of one of my SDA classes a married couple both were using the Taurus copies of the little Beretta 21s. Both guns broke before the couple finished shooting the fifty rounds. I'm sure Taurus is better than that now.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Has anyone done business with the seller, dahlonega armory? Are they reputable? I have absolutely no need for one, but for that price, why not? I also was thinking of sending this to my sister in law, who needs something smaller than what she currently has. Don’t want to send her something that may rip her off.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Years ago, during the range part of one of my SDA classes a married couple both were using the Taurus copies of the little Beretta 21s. Both guns broke before the couple finished shooting the fifty rounds. I'm sure Taurus is better than that now.

Sorry, to be clear, I meant the 92/96 Series copies.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Nope. Canik, not even close. The caniks I'm speaking of are Walther copies.
The tp 9 series I held and seriously considered , both trigger pull must have been 9 # plus. My Taurus G3 12+1 was light years better. After a couple of 100 rounds it even better

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A few years ago, Taurus earned ISO9000 certification for its manufacturing plants... [just like Canik (pronounced roughly "zha-NEEK") did well before that]. That certification is not easy to obtain, and Taurus' manufacturing processes had to improve significantly to qualify. The quality of their products since then is really obvious, and their reputation has improved quite a bit.

Two years ago, I purchased a G3 (standard, with 4" barrel) for an excellent price, and I've been very pleased with it. Accessories (holsters, extra mags, etc) are not quite as "inexpensive" as they used to be, though.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
A Canik is definitely something I have been wanting to try out.

Caniks are real superb pistols.

I shot this CLEET qual course today with one. Irons.

20230107_000604-2663360.jpg

Weston.cain

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Has anyone done business with the seller, dahlonega armory? Are they reputable? I have absolutely no need for one, but for that price, why not? I also was thinking of sending this to my sister in law, who needs something smaller than what she currently has. Don’t want to send her something that may rip her off.
Dahlonega Armory is legit. Buy with confidence.

Latest posts

Top Bottom