Taurus Judge or S&W Gov?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Either of them worth a darn? Wife wants a snake charmer. I'm not a fan of Hillary hole S&Ws and Taurus revolvers seem to be hit or miss. Any feedback from owners?

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd go with the governor. You get 6 rounds instead of 5, it's more aesthetically pleasing, plus you have S&W quality. Of course, it's almost double in price than the judge. I just think it's a better weapon
Second this. Had a Judge once, dang thing would lock up every other round, never was able to get them to fix it to where it would work reliably.

Retired1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd go with the governor. You get 6 rounds instead of 5, it's more aesthetically pleasing, plus you have S&W quality. Of course, it's almost double in price than the judge. I just think it's a better weapon

I agree with Glock 'em down on all points. It's also lighter. I like its being capable of holding 3 rounds of 45 Colt CCI snakeshot for shots under 3 yards and 2.5" .410 shells for longer than 3 yard shots.

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Judge and will eventually find a deal on a Governor. I can't complain at all about the Judge. I run 2.5" 6 shot when I'm at the lease for snakes and burrowing critters. I've never ran anything but 410 through it so I'm not sure about accuracy with 45 colt. It's not a light gun which makes shooting 410 enjoyable. My model is stainless with a 2.5" chamber and a 3" barrel. I would almost bet it's like most Taurus pistols, some are as good as anything on the market and some you'd be better off throwing it.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never thought I wanted one until shot a buds judge. Ended up buying the governor for reasons already established.
Sold it to a guys dad after his judge blew the cylinder. Got to missing the gov so found another. Will probably hang on to this one.

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had Judges and now I own a Governor. Not only is the Gov 6 shots, you can also shoot 45 acp in moon clips. Makes shooting much less expensive.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Public Defender is a decent snake/rodent gun. We have had a couple and both worked as they should. If I were to buy again it would be the Governor for reasons above, mainly the extra round and 45acp option

Latest posts

Top Bottom