Taurus repair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dad brought me a broken revolver. He wants me to fix it. Why on Earth he ever bought a Taurus I will never know. However taking it apart it has a broken transfer bar. I cannot get that part sent to me. Has anyone ever sent a gun back to Taurus for repair? And if so how did it go?

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 92 they have had for 2 years. Waiting on a blued barrel. About 8 months ago they offered a stainless barrel. I should have accepted. About 3 months ago, they offered a new 92. I almost said yes, but that 92 was the first pistol I ever bought when I was 21. They said it was going to be destroyed. I just couldn't do it. So it sits in Taurus gunsmith jail.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taurus typically won't ship fire control parts as they want to fix the issues. It's a commendable stance but kind of annoying. I have called them and convinced them to send a revolver hand but it took some begging.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 92 they have had for 2 years. Waiting on a blued barrel. About 8 months ago they offered a stainless barrel. I should have accepted. About 3 months ago, they offered a new 92. I almost said yes, but that 92 was the first pistol I ever bought when I was 21. They said it was going to be destroyed. I just couldn't do it. So it sits in Taurus gunsmith jail.
A Taurus PT-92 was the very first handgun I ever bought when I turned 21. Stainless and nickel finish. Killed a rabbit with it first trip to shoot it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom