Taurus TX 22 Range Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
First you’re probably thinking “new post by PanhandleGlocker and it’s about a Taurus? Wtf?!”

Picked this up Saturday from a member when I went down to OKC. Been hearing extremely good things about these pistols all around the interwebs so I figured I should add one to the collection and the price was definitely reasonable. This does not make me a Taurus guy but I am very impressed with this little .22lr handgun. My first impressions are it seems like a solid built pistol. The grip fits my hand great and it points naturally. The magazines for it appear to be very cheaply made but the only feeding issues I had with them were because of poor ammo selection.

Now to the ammo… It liked the bulk pack 40gr stuff I had but didn’t like the no name stuff I had mixed up in a Crown Royal bag from a few years back. Not sure what it was but the bullet was significantly shorter than the 40gr stuff which made the OAL quite a bit shorter and that caused feeding issues, also cycling issues, I noticed they didn’t have enough power sometimes to cycle the slide.

Other than that though I would buy another one of these pistols. Mine is OD Green but they make them in other colors as well. I’d like to run some CCI Mini Mags through it and see how it does. This will definitely be a keeper I think.

I hate to say it but I think this Taurus TX22 out performs my Glock 44. Next time I go to the range I’ll try to compare them side by side.

C2A93003-F32D-4089-9D1C-DD3D3F08C1B4.jpeg

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought one of those a little over a year ago and have been impressed with it. I'm more of a M&P guy and would buy a M&P 22 if they still made the full sized version, but the Taurus is a good pistol.

There is a guy on youtube that has shot one extensively. He finally broke the striker at just under 14k rounds but reported that Taurus took care of it and he was back shooting it again.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First you’re probably thinking “new post by PanhandleGlocker and it’s about a Taurus? Wtf?!”

Picked this up Saturday from a member when I went down to OKC. Been hearing extremely good things about these pistols all around the interwebs so I figured I should add one to the collection and the price was definitely reasonable. This does not make me a Taurus guy but I am very impressed with this little .22lr handgun. My first impressions are it seems like a solid built pistol. The grip fits my hand great and it points naturally. The magazines for it appear to be very cheaply made but the only feeding issues I had with them were because of poor ammo selection.

Now to the ammo… It liked the bulk pack 40gr stuff I had but didn’t like the no name stuff I had mixed up in a Crown Royal bag from a few years back. Not sure what it was but the bullet was significantly shorter than the 40gr stuff which made the OAL quite a bit shorter and that caused feeding issues, also cycling issues, I noticed they didn’t have enough power sometimes to cycle the slide.

Other than that though I would buy another one of these pistols. Mine is OD Green but they make them in other colors as well. I’d like to run some CCI Mini Mags through it and see how it does. This will definitely be a keeper I think.

I hate to say it but I think this Taurus TX22 out performs my Glock 44. Next time I go to the range I’ll try to compare them side by side.

View attachment 328601
Welcome to the dark side!

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's good to hear. I'm waiting for a target of opportunity on one of these little Taurus .22 pistols to pop up somewhere and I'm gonna snatch it up. I've been wanting one for a while.

Kinda pisses me off that a Taurus works better than the FN 502 I bought and had to send back the next day. FN did make it right, though. The replacement 502 shoots great.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
That's good to hear. I'm waiting for a target of opportunity on one of these little Taurus .22 pistols to pop up somewhere and I'm gonna snatch it up. I've been wanting one for a while.

Kinda pisses me off that a Taurus works better than the FN 502 I bought and had to send back the next day. FN did make it right, though. The replacement 502 shoots great.

Isn’t it because it’s not really made by FN?

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Attachments

• 20190909_192332.jpg
    20190909_192332.jpg
    903.6 KB · Views: 0

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I need to get me one of those.

You really do.

I always told people before if they want a .22lr semi auto handgun that they can’t go wrong with a Glock 44. I’m now going to tell them to buy a Taurus TX22 though.. I honestly may buy another one if I happen to be in a store that has one at a good price. I got this one at a steal though thanks to a fellow OSA member that was willing to part with it.

I can’t speak highly of Taurus on anything else; but this model they most definitely got something right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom