Taurus TX 22 Range Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I have a G44, too, and think very highly of that gun. It's a shame it only has 10 round mags, though. Mine has been perfect in terms of function. 100% reliable with every type of ammo I've tried in it.

Yeah, mine has been great no matter what ammo I fed it.

Glock really should have offered more magazine capacity though. Every-time my wife comes with me to shoot it’s like I’m just constantly loading magazines and I have 6 of them.

Not sure what the FN mag cap is but The 16 round capacity of the Taurus is great.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still use Glock magazines from the late 80s.
Are those polymer Mags? (I've never had a Glock....)

First you’re probably thinking “new post by PanhandleGlocker and it’s about a Taurus? Wtf?!”

Picked this up Saturday from a member when I went down to OKC. Been hearing extremely good things about these pistols all around the interwebs so I figured I should add one to the collection and the price was definitely reasonable. This does not make me a Taurus guy but I am very impressed with this little .22lr handgun. My first impressions are it seems like a solid built pistol. The grip fits my hand great and it points naturally. The magazines for it appear to be very cheaply made but the only feeding issues I had with them were because of poor ammo selection.

Now to the ammo… It liked the bulk pack 40gr stuff I had but didn’t like the no name stuff I had mixed up in a Crown Royal bag from a few years back. Not sure what it was but the bullet was significantly shorter than the 40gr stuff which made the OAL quite a bit shorter and that caused feeding issues, also cycling issues, I noticed they didn’t have enough power sometimes to cycle the slide.

Other than that though I would buy another one of these pistols. Mine is OD Green but they make them in other colors as well. I’d like to run some CCI Mini Mags through it and see how it does. This will definitely be a keeper I think.

I hate to say it but I think this Taurus TX22 out performs my Glock 44. Next time I go to the range I’ll try to compare them side by side.

View attachment 328601

I had a chance to fondle one at Academy last night. I knew they were light weight, but it still surprised me at just how light it was when i picked it up. (Academy has them on sale btw.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom