Taurus TX 22 Range Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You really do.

I always told people before if they want a .22lr semi auto handgun that they can’t go wrong with a Glock 44. I’m now going to tell them to buy a Taurus TX22 though.. I honestly may buy another one if I happen to be in a store that has one at a good price. I got this one at a steal though thanks to a fellow OSA member that was willing to part with it.

I can’t speak highly of Taurus on anything else; but this model they most definitely got something right.
The TX also comes threaded .

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Are those polymer Mags? (I've never had a Glock....)

I had a chance to fondle one at Academy last night. I knew they were light weight, but it still surprised me at just how light it was when i picked it up. (Academy has them on sale btw.)
Glock mags are polymer over metal.

geezer77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been shooting one of these just like yours (with a Thunder Beast 22 Takedown suppressor) for a couple of years now. It's my favorite fun shooter, and is hell on armadillos and the like. I don't have close neighbors, but also don't particularly want to draw a lot of attention with centerfires. The TX22 is accurate, quiet, light, fits my hand like a glove, and simply does not break. To boot, the TB suppressor (which ironically cost more than the pistol) cleans up quickly and easily using a small industrial ultrasonic cleaner, and even fits in the Taurus plastic clip-on holster while mounted. The TX22 is my only Taurus, but It's a definite winner.

Attachments

• TX22-1.JPG
    TX22-1.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 0
  • TX22-2.jpg
    TX22-2.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom