Taurus TX 22 Range Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up my TX22 on Thursday. $275 OTD from Riverbank Firearms. Solid little gun for that price. The TX22 was designed in, and they're made in, the USA in GA and FL.

Comes with 2 16-round mags and the suppressor adapter.

Shot it yesterday with Mini-Mags, crappy/cheap Remington bulk LR, some crappy/cheap Federal bulk LR and some high velocity Aguila stuff. We put about 150 rounds thru it and not a single stoppage with the various types of ammo...just out of the box, load the mags and shoot. It does have a distinct preference for the Mini-Mags. It was quite accurate but I only shot it at 7 yards...most everything thru a large, ragged hole. The rear sight is windage and elevation adjustable.

Between this and the little FN 502 that's also suppressor ready, I may have to take the plunge and get a can. Never wanted to before, but now it seems like a good idea.

A sm.jpg

B sm.jpg

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up my TX22 on Thursday. $275 OTD from Riverbank Firearms. Solid little gun for that price. The TX22 was designed in, and they're made in, the USA in GA and FL.

Comes with 2 16-round mags and the suppressor adapter.

Shot it yesterday with Mini-Mags, crappy/cheap Remington bulk LR, some crappy/cheap Federal bulk LR and some high velocity Aguila stuff. We put about 150 rounds thru it and not a single stoppage with the various types of ammo...just out of the box, load the mags and shoot. It does have a distinct preference for the Mini-Mags. It was quite accurate but I only shot it at 7 yards...most everything thru a large, ragged hole. The rear sight is windage and elevation adjustable.

Between this and the little FN 502 that's also suppressor ready, I may have to take the plunge and get a can. Never wanted to before, but now it seems like a good idea.

View attachment 336465

View attachment 336466

Cans are fun, especially 22 cans.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Took my TX22 and my G44 out this morning.. Shot some Aguila Super Extra Lead RN 40gr and some Norma Tac22 Lead RN 40gr

The Taurus ate both of them but had a few failures to feed with the Norma.

The Glock did absolutely terrible with the Norma but did better with the aguila. Had some stove pipes.

Both pistols shot both ammo accurately.

I think copper plated is the way to go for both pistols but I just had to do some testing to see how they would do with this lead stuff. Brother was In town today and went with me and is a Glock guy. He was even impressed with the Taurus and mentioned how good it felt in the hand. He lives close to an Academy and is maybe going to get one.

Gonna clean both guns and oil them real good and Next time out I may run the Taurus and Glock with some Federal Champion bulk pack copper plated 36gr stuff and see how they do. As of right now if I buy any more Norma it will be reserved for my Ruger Wrangler.

The more I shoot the Taurus the more I am thinking about selling the 44 back to @pstmstr 🤣

Chasing records

Marksman
Reaction score
That's good to hear. I'm waiting for a target of opportunity on one of these little Taurus .22 pistols to pop up somewhere and I'm gonna snatch it up. I've been wanting one for a while.

Kinda pisses me off that a Taurus works better than the FN 502 I bought and had to send back the next day. FN did make it right, though. The replacement 502 shoots great.
It’s crazy of all the things that Taurus decided to make extremely reliable is something that is notoriously hard to make reliable 😂 but I haven’t had anything new by them in sometime now. Maybe it’s all good now.

tcruse

Marksman
Reaction score
Sure to see a lot of people that relate to the TX22, however, it is really hard to think it is as good as the Sig P-322. My Sig P-322 has been 100% with a really wide range of ammo and approximates the same feel as both the Sig P320 and the Sig P365XL. Having the same family of optics also is a plus.
With the new CCI HP jacketed bullets at 1550+ fps, is the LR 22 becoming a viable option for carry?

Chasing records

Marksman
Reaction score
Sure to see a lot of people that relate to the TX22, however, it is really hard to think it is as good as the Sig P-322. My Sig P-322 has been 100% with a really wide range of ammo and approximates the same feel as both the Sig P320 and the Sig P365XL. Having the same family of optics also is a plus.
With the new CCI HP jacketed bullets at 1550+ fps, is the LR 22 becoming a viable option for carry?
I really love sig stuff and I agree that it would be hard to think it would be a better tool than the p322. The mags pretty high for them also I assume.

Latest posts

Top Bottom