Taurus TX22 Part Two

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
My last range report I had shot some Aguila Super Extra Lead RN ammo and some Norma lead RN. In my last report I also stated I was going to clean and oil the gun real good and compare it to my Glock 44. I didn’t do either of those things but today I had some time after work so I grabbed the ol TX22 and some ammo. 250 Rounds of Norma and 250 Rounds of Aguila; different from the last Aguila I shot. (Pics below)

I had ZERO issues with both types of ammo today and I am not sure why since I previously had trouble with the Norma. I shot all 500 rounds I brought with me and the gun functioned beautifully. No failures to eject. No failures to feed. Nothing! Aguila does have a distinct smoke cloud after firing though and it is VERY DIRTY! The Norma is very waxy. I’ll probably buy the Norma again but won’t buy anymore Aguila just because of how dirty it is.

I will update this thread whenever I try more brands of ammo. I have some Federal Champion bulk pack and CCI Mini Mags still to try.

793AE588-AC4C-469B-A2D4-B53587AA59ED.jpeg
C3F1886E-73D1-488B-9F84-CDB54B395C25.jpeg
D8A9362C-241E-4D43-AE6B-BFAE32B9E13F.jpeg
660C1200-91C9-4252-A456-7E65F47BBC28.jpeg

Chasing records

Marksman
Reaction score
My last range report I had shot some Aguila Super Extra Lead RN ammo and some Norma lead RN. In my last report I also stated I was going to clean and oil the gun real good and compare it to my Glock 44. I didn’t do either of those things but today I had some time after work so I grabbed the ol TX22 and some ammo. 250 Rounds of Norma and 250 Rounds of Aguila; different from the last Aguila I shot. (Pics below)

I had ZERO issues with both types of ammo today and I am not sure why since I previously had trouble with the Norma. I shot all 500 rounds I brought with me and the gun functioned beautifully. No failures to eject. No failures to feed. Nothing! Aguila does have a distinct smoke cloud after firing though and it is VERY DIRTY! The Norma is very waxy. I’ll probably buy the Norma again but won’t buy anymore Aguila just because of how dirty it is.

I will update this thread whenever I try more brands of ammo. I have some Federal Champion bulk pack and CCI Mini Mags still to try.

View attachment 362336View attachment 362334View attachment 362335View attachment 362337
I’ve heard these guns are really reliable but haven’t heard much about accuracy. If you find an ammo they like can you expect good results? Asking because I’m interested in getting one. Thanks

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I’ve heard these guns are really reliable but haven’t heard much about accuracy. If you find an ammo they like can you expect good results? Asking because I’m interested in getting one. Thanks

Just get one. You won’t regret it. Mine seems to be accurate with what I’ve used so far.

I really am thinking hard on getting the competition model

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine has eaten everything I've given it, with the exception of CCI 22 Quiets on the suppressor. Not enough power to cycle the gun, but makes for one really quiet single shot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom