Tax stamp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok so I was chatting with a buddy the other day about cans.I don't have one myself yet. I was under the impression that you pay the $200 tax stamp one time fee. And you could possibly have one can for multiple calibers. He said the tax stamp is $200 per year, per caliber? Can someone elaborate? Thanks

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The tax stamp is $200 per item you get. silencer, short barreled rifle, machine gun, short barreled shotgun, etc....
It's a 1 time fee. You don't have to pay $200 per year.

Some silencers can be used for multiple calibers such as a 9mm silencer could be used for 9mm, 380, 32, 25, and even a .22 It would only be 1 tax stamp because it's only 1 silencer.

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The tax stamp is $200 per item you get. silencer, short barreled rifle, machine gun, short barreled shotgun, etc....
It's a 1 time fee. You don't have to pay $200 per year.

Some silencers can be used for multiple calibers such as a 9mm silencer could be used for 9mm, 380, 32, 25, and even a .22 It would only be 1 tax stamp because it's only 1 silencer.

Exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks for clearing things up

taymoor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got mine from Steve. He was a great help for the whole process. Not to jack the thread, but what do all you stampholders do with your stamps once you get them? lock them in the safe? carry them with the NFA item? lamination? Help me out...

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put mine in a lock box in the house with all my other important papers. I have a laminated copy of all of my NFA stuff in all of my gun cases. That way I'm not searching for what for goes with what item when I need it.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got mine from Steve. He was a great help for the whole process. Not to jack the thread, but what do all you stampholders do with your stamps once you get them? lock them in the safe? carry them with the NFA item? lamination? Help me out...

Lock the originals in a fire-proof safe or safe deposit box at the bank. Do not laminate the originals. It will not make them last longer and it will make it impossible to verify their authenticity in the unlikely event that you ever have to. Make copies (you can laminate the copies if you want to) and keep a copy with you whenever you take your NFA item to the range in case you are ever questioned by LE.

taymoor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna modify all these ideas. I'm going to keep the originals safe in the safe, of course. But I'm going to roll the copies up and keep them in the battery compartment of my ACS. That way it goes where the gun goes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom