1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tax stamp!

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by ColtDogg, Aug 16, 2010.

1. ColtDogg

ColtDogg Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I sent off for two tax stamps on the same day, sent two copy's of the same trust, and today one got a Approved on today, Aug 16th, and the other got kicked back on Aug 11th.

They said something was not right with it. For the life of me I do not know what happen. They would not tell me over the phone, but they sent something to my dealer.

2. juilliano

juilliano Marksman

Thats the goverment for you....
    about a year ago I applied for a passport, took paperwork to post office, post office person said everything is fine; you should have passport withing 3 weeks. A month it showed on passport page saying it was being process. Three months later it was still being process, at which point I cancelled the trip I had planned. About a week later I get a letter fron state department saying that my birth certificate didn't meet their criteria, and that they needed a new copy withing 90 days or they will cancel my application and return my documents. Ninety days later (six months since the day I applied), I get a package in the mail; it was my passport, with my birth certificate, that for security reasons they are required to ship separately. I just counted my blessings, but its damn funny how the goverment works.

3. Farmall

Farmall Sharpshooter

Keep us posted. I'm curious about this one.

4. ColtDogg

ColtDogg Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Today I got a hold of my FFL. He said they needed the trust. He seems to think that they lost it. I do not think it had the same person on because I sent a copy with each set of paper work. I will call Friday to see where it stands.

5. tomthebaker

tomthebaker Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    That's a drag. I hope they get it straightened out quickly for you.

6. ColtDogg

ColtDogg Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    +1 on that. I am just happy it was not my full auto!!

7. usmc1986

usmc1986 Sharpshooter

Government is the only explanation.

My dealer sent in two form 4's (.22 and .30 Cal suppressors) same time, checks etc. In 1 week I checked to see if my checks had been cashed only one was cashed. I waited 5 weeks before calling my dealer, he verified both were in the system per the examiner. At this point I knew our attempt to get the cans at the same time was very unlikely.

8 weeks I got the stamp for the .22can, 1 month after that - yesterday I received my stamp for the .30 cal can - Actual processing time was 8 weeks as well. I guess they either dropped some paperwork and it got re-shuffled, or it was shuffled from the beginning.

Just happy to have both out of "jail" an in my possession.