TDSA Introduction to firearms for Ladies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I enrolled my wife in TDSA's Introduction to firearms for Ladies hoping she would become more comfortable with a pistol, and the use of a pistol in a self defense situation. My wife has always been in the group that thinks you need to protect yourself, but that I might be a little on the side that is over the edge when it comes to being prepared.

She attended the class yesterday, and the person that came home from that class is completely different than the one that left here yesterday morning. She now understands that she must be completely aware of her surroundings, that predators are everywhere and she has to fight to win. One reason she had not gotten her CHL was that she was very indifferent about when she would carry. Marshall and Denny changed her perspective and when, and why she would carry, and she is now enrolled in their CHL class.

She has also asked me to enroll both of us in TDSA's Advanced Concealed Carry class.

Guys, this was the best money I have ever spent on training, I know I said that after ACP1 but imagine how excited we were after we took ACP1, now think about your wife or girlfriend with that level of enthusiasm.

Once again my hat is off to Marshall and his team, it is a great thing you guys do.

Uncivil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spoke to my wife briefly about this today and she seemed very interested. Could you tell us more about what to expect from this class or what they did? I saw that they reccomended 350 rounds of ammo. Did they really shoot that much? I think she is looking forward to the next time its offered so she can sign up. Looks like we just missed one :(

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spoke to my wife briefly about this today and she seemed very interested. Could you tell us more about what to expect from this class or what they did? I saw that they reccomended 350 rounds of ammo. Did they really shoot that much? I think she is looking forward to the next time its offered so she can sign up. Looks like we just missed one :(

You'd be surprised how quickly you can send 350rds down range. 350rds should be a nice comfortable and fun day of learning and shooting. By the end of class your wife may have wished she'd brought more ammo. ;)

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I enrolled my wife in TDSA's Introduction to firearms for Ladies hoping she would become more comfortable with a pistol, and the use of a pistol in a self defense situation. My wife has always been in the group that thinks you need to protect yourself, but that I might be a little on the side that is over the edge when it comes to being prepared.

She attended the class yesterday, and the person that came home from that class is completely different than the one that left here yesterday morning. She now understands that she must be completely aware of her surroundings, that predators are everywhere and she has to fight to win. One reason she had not gotten her CHL was that she was very indifferent about when she would carry. Marshall and Denny changed her perspective and when, and why she would carry, and she is now enrolled in their CHL class.

She has also asked me to enroll both of us in TDSA's Advanced Concealed Carry class.

Guys, this was the best money I have ever spent on training, I know I said that after ACP1 but imagine how excited we were after we took ACP1, now think about your wife or girlfriend with that level of enthusiasm.

Once again my hat is off to Marshall and his team, it is a great thing you guys do.

Had your wife shot before?

Uncivil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes...I took her to the range a couple weeks ago and she shot my .40 and .45. I will never forget that smile. The important thing is I don't want to put any bad habits in her so I feel like a class would be beneficial....I will even look into one for myself. Lord knows I need help!!

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Expect a different person to come home from the class! I would check out TDSA's site for more info. As all of Marshall's classes are, this one was top shelf. I had a perspective that it was going to be alot of range time like the ACP1 class. Turns out it is a good mix of excellent class time, and range time. My wife took advantage of shooting as much as she could and probably shot 300 rounds.

Had your wife shot before?

She had shot the G17 before and really liked it. She had not been 100% responsible for the entire process before though, loading mags, exchanging mags, etc.

She is a good shot, said she got alot of props from Marshall and Denny on her accuracy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom