TDSA training (dry firing at another person)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Less than $15 and available for most common pistols. http://shop.blade-tech.com/training-barrel-c-81_123.html

Make it part of the required equipment list and drive on...or let your ego eventually get someone killed/maimed.

kermit.jpg

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not that it is going to change anyone's minds on the subject but at no time during this drill is a pistol pointed at a student. It is only the instructors who are on the muzzle end of the pistol. And this is only have every weapon on the firing line as been cleared and checked and rechecked multiple times. For those that still have an issue with it the answer is simple. Don't train with TDSA. Myself I am going to take at least one class at TDSA a year, more if I can swing it. Marshall and his instructors are some of the best in the country and there is a reason why people travel from all over the US and from other countries to train with them.

dugsok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do not approve of this type of training under any circumstances. I don't care what the safety protocols are. It violates a basic rule of gun safety and I do not accept that it's necessary to the desired outcome(s) of the training.

You are so right-- come on in to my house, my dog don't bite-don't ever point a gun m-t or loaded, period.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not that it is going to change anyone's minds on the subject but at no time during this drill is a pistol pointed at a student. It is only the instructors who are on the muzzle end of the pistol. And this is only have every weapon on the firing line as been cleared and checked and rechecked multiple times. For those that still have an issue with it the answer is simple. Don't train with TDSA. Myself I am going to take at least one class at TDSA a year, more if I can swing it. Marshall and his instructors are some of the best in the country and there is a reason why people travel from all over the US and from other countries to train with them.

Your right, it would not change my mind at all. Sounds like some stupid sh$t in my book. Buy hey, if you enjoy it, sign up!

LWysocki

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
who gives two pieces of human excrement what some instructor from some "training group" in Kansas thinks about a drill that TDSA does.....when the Kansas "training group" garners the type of reputation, quality of instruction, instructor caliber, and has trained 1/50th the amount of students as TDSA, then maybe I will.....until then, I will not hesitate to return to TDSA for training....btw: a little bird told me that The U.S. Army, and certain tier 1 Federal and local Law Enforcement agencies in Central Oklahoma may occasionally point unloaded and cleared weapons at live human beings in training....

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
who gives two pieces of human excrement what some instructor from some "training group" in Kansas thinks about a drill that TDSA does.....when the Kansas "training group" garners the type of reputation, quality of instruction, instructor caliber, and has trained 1/50th the amount of students as TDSA, then maybe I will.....until then, I will not hesitate to return to TDSA for training....btw: a little bird told me that The U.S. Army, and certain tier 1 Federal and local Law Enforcement agencies in Central Oklahoma may occasionally point unloaded and cleared weapons at live human beings in training....

Lots of them do it. From time to time, someone gets actually shot while doing it. That can't happen if you don't do it. I stand by my comments that TDSA training is top shelf and worth attending, but I don't think the juice is worth the squeeze on this one small portion of the class. I care not whether I'm the clicker or the clickee, I'm not risking a "BANG!" for the incremental benefit of this drill. JMO, YMMV

Latest posts

Top Bottom