TDSA training (dry firing at another person)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You read too much into my question. I wanted to get a feel for your previous experience so i could judge more accurately the validity of your approbation. I have no experience with this "Marshall" or with TDSA, but i agree with you on what makes a good teacher/instructor. I would have a difficult time recommending a class without some background of your training history and goals.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We ALL know that opinions are like buttholes....everyone has one! That's why I purposely wrote "that I'm aware of or attended" and NOT "the best training period". I'm quite certain there are many many great firearm instructors and training classes across the country.

I'm not going to list out my resume for you or others to slash and dash. I'll just say that I've been training with some sort of weapon for most of my life. And I have attended several firearm classes in the state of OKlahoma and California.

I learned more in Marshalls class than any other I've attended. Period. My shooting ability improved tremendously afterward and continues to improve. With that said, I've taught a lot of instructional classes over the years (not firearm related) and can attest that the "curriculum" is a very small part of any instruction. It's all about the instructor and their ability to connect, relate and convey the intended lesson to the student in a way they can understand, implement and retain it.

How about you? Who and what firearm classes would you recommend? I'm always looking for ways to improve.

Cannot go wrong with training, would have to agree on that one for sure. And your right about the Instructors are the key to any class, and with that said it comes down to me personally that if a guy can show what he is teaching and do it well he is the one to listen too! I have seen a half dozen fresh out of school Certified Welders each try to weld up a 1000 gallon water tank that was full and one by one they failed, up walked a old man that had never attended a school in his life other than leaving grade school in the 5th grade. He welded the tank up and nary a drop of water was leaking. Practice and experience goes hand in hand, it is not always about the Paper Certificate!

LWysocki

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
=.jpg

Jrmccarty512

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will disagree this dry firing seems like an accident waiting to happen but open carry states such as az and wy don't have more violent crime or any more crime than states without open carry

Jrmccarty512

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not been to a Tdsa training however I have been to more than my share of weapons trainings for law enforcement and here are the facts pointing at paper is significantly different than pointing at a person. I speak from experience. Hew er I can't get over the idea of pointing a gun at another purpose for training purposes. I would feel much more at ease if it was a fake gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom