Teachers want protection but arent willing to carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This seems to be a common thing I hear and read a lot. Schools want solutions to violent criminals but they do not want a gun in any building. They want police but the force is already strained as is (seems to be a common thing!. Does liberalism have a serious part to play in these teachers, a lack of education in firearms and basic defensive tactics in rooms, or fear of being held liable if they fail to perform against a dangerous threat? What does everyone think about it? Any teachers in here also?

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll quote myself from one of the other threads related to this . . .

My wife teaches 3rd grade. I know she wouldn't want to carry, but I think she's open to having a firearm securely stored in her classroom as a last line of defense if someone does break into the school. I don't think she or any teacher should be expected to patrol the halls looking for a shooter, but they should have the option if they choose to defend their classroom. Ideally, dedicated school security would deal with responding to an incident until police arrive.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I am a default NEA member and the subject of gun violence is written about in their quarterly rag almost every issue. The article I’m going to post doesn’t mention it but they blame the gun. We must have LESS guns is usually the suggestion. I’ve heard using retired military as guards but they have already demonized them as ‘dangerous’. They don’t want guns in the buildings period. The links and numbers used in the article can mostly be debunked but there are very few educators that will research them.
https://www.nea.org/about-nea/media...e-oversight-and-reform-urges-congress-act-end

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This seems to be a common thing I hear and read a lot. Schools want solutions to violent criminals but they do not want a gun in any building. They want police but the force is already strained as is (seems to be a common thing!. Does liberalism have a serious part to play in these teachers, a lack of education in firearms and basic defensive tactics in rooms, or fear of being held liable if they fail to perform against a dangerous threat? What does everyone think about it? Any teachers in here also?
Yes

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
What we are doing now is obviously NOT WORKING, RIGHT? Some teachers, administrators, school employees, would volunteer to take training, and carry fire arms at work! I think these COWARDS, like all predators, choose the safest targets! Schools are all GUN FREE ZONES, RIGHT? They might as well have signs saying, come on in and l kill kids, we are not armed, and can do nothing to you! Would YOU put a sign on your home, that says NO GUNS ALLOWED IN THIS HOUSE? What house in your neighborhood do you think the criminal would choose? Just the possibility that the adults in the school could be armed, and trained, and would be made HEROES BY THE PUBLIC, FOR KILLING YOUR ASS, WOULD LIKELY CAUSE AT LEAST SOME OF THESE COWARDLY SPOILED BRATS , TO FIND SOME OTHER WAY OF GETTING ATTENTION, DON'T YOU THINK?

Latest posts

Top Bottom