Tech Layoffs Coming Tidal Wave - The Tracker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A number of graphics card manufacturers have laid off people recently, but that is mainly because there is a glut of cards on the market. Graphics cards are used to mine cryptocurrency and when the bottom dropped out of that market, the miners quit buying up all the graphics cards.

I know Google said something to their workers about productivity, so I would suspect they are next.

garytx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found this today. Interesting app to follow tech layoffs. I am reading / hearing about the coming tidal wave of layoffs due to this great economy.

Carvana was the 1st big layoff I heard about.

View attachment 277081

Here's a link to the site:

View attachment 277079

Carvana has yet to make money. Their reviews are horrible. I am surprised they haven't been shutdown due to their horrible business practices.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If employers really knew how little work actually gets done from a lot of those “working from home” they would lay off a lot more. I know a girl who rarely works 2 hours a day for her nice 8 hour salary. I’m sure some work hard but there is a lot of abuse as well.
Most of those folks don't do much work while actually in the office without a bunch of micro-managing as it is so if a supervisor doesn't get it under control there shouldn't be anyone surprised.

I've been working from home full-time since I changed jobs in December. It's been awesome. I'm in meetings about 4-6 hours a day and prefer taking them in my home office instead of being forced to drive into town just to be on the phone and deal with emails.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can usually tell if i send someone an e-mail or pm they get back to me pretty fast if they are at work
Depending on how my day is going I might reply immediately to an email or wait for my current meeting to end. Folks usually know to get a quicker response they'll need to text or send me a message over Skype for Business. But even then it might take a little bit depending on what I'm working on at the time.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ramping up!

And another Fed 750 basis point increase today.
I think the market has been expecting a pivot. That didn’t happen today.
Another (3%) down day today for techs. It’s feeling like Y2K all over.

528AF405-990E-4BF9-80D5-332A21F208BD.jpeg

6653F3DC-4CBC-45C6-9497-1FBF4D7C549D.jpeg

1667419953627.png

Last edited:

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guess what? The plandemic is over.
As more people go back to work, there will be tons of layoffs as companies clean house and hire new younger, cheaper labor. Employee shortage is no more.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the lockdowns did incredible harm to existing economic stability. Demand for peripheral goods is in steep decline as inflation in necessities continues to rise. In 2022, the stagflation crisis is leading to imminent demand destruction.
As many times as we've been through such economic cycles, and as many times as the "Hierarchy" has implemented reckless controls, one would think we would have educated ourselves by now.

But, no. We allow govt to give us (hungry children) a Snickers bar and we're happy. The Snickers bar simply hurts us much worse in the long run.

It accomplished the Govt Grifters objective, viz. it made them look good in our eyes. That's because the American voter is typically a short sighted, immediate gratification-ish child.

And the Govt Grifters (pimps like Lankford, et al) get elected to another term so they can continue to get paid for doing nothing.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My sister works for a large insurance firm. She says the lower 30’s and younger crowd feel it is somehow “wrong” to have to come in to work. Just a couple years of telework and they feel entitled to calling the shots on something as fundamental as attendance. And these are well paid office types.

Latest posts

Top Bottom