Teen girl safety

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're going to ignore legalities, then get 'em a firearm or stungun. I'd like to think most of us prefer self-defense without jail time or a civil suit. ;)

Here's an announcement. I feel that any dude that slightly considers legalities when some scumbag is attacking a female family member doesn't deserve the family. Time with three hots and a cot or every dollar I have don't matter. If I can prevent family members from being harmed I will give it all up.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's an announcement. I feel that any dude that slightly considers legalities when some scumbag is attacking a female family member doesn't deserve the family. Time with three hots and a cot or every dollar I have don't matter. If I can prevent family members from being harmed I will give it all up.
Don't be a jerk. We're not talking about heat of the moment here, we're talking about preparation. Big difference.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually I'm not a jerk at all. Just a very over protective person. And I am not alone. Others have posted in this thread that the risk of legal issues are secondary to staying safe. In actual legal issues. You don't have to gain an advantage over your adversary with a weapon in four hand. If a lady or anyone is attacked and gets the best of the attacker in hand to hand contact. And doesn't stop when the threat is neutralized the legal table can turn.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually I'm not a jerk at all. Just a very over protective person. And I am not alone. Others have posted in this thread that the risk of legal issues are secondary to staying safe.
Other have also posted about LEGAL means of self-defense.

Again, we're not talking about heat of the moment (during an actual attack) here. If that were the case, I'd probably set 'em on fire (or worse) myself.

I don't really think you're a jerk either, but your posting "Here's an announcement" and "doesn't deserve the family" certainly left room for doubt.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is just my opinion but I do believe a man that is not willing to give everything regardless of any repercussions to protect a family member doesn't deserve the family. For this thread though, I think the best thing a family can do for each other is learn to take care of yourself with self defense. At a minimum self defense training builds confidence. Many times confidence shows in your outward personality. That by itself can keep the boogyman from botberinf you. The first rakes of self defense teach you how to not be a victim.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is just my opinion but I do believe a man that is not willing to give everything regardless of any repercussions to protect a family member doesn't deserve the family. For this thread though, I think the best thing a family can do for each other is learn to take care of yourself with self defense. At a minimum self defense training builds confidence. Many times confidence shows in your outward personality. That by itself can keep the boogyman from botberinf you. The first rakes of self defense teach you how to not be a victim.
Again, the discussion was about a premeditated crime. How are you going to support that family from inside the greybar hotel?

The posters above aren't saying "throw them to the wolves," they're saying "protect them without breaking the law," especially given that we have the luxury of discussing it now, in advance, and figuring out the best way to proceed...which was exactly the question in the original post.

CBarCRanch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I gotta admit when some random fella tries to strike up a conversation with me these days I start looking around for accomplices ... or wondering WTF is wrong with him ... because from the time I leave the house until I get back here I have my resting ***** face on.

I mean I know I'm married and all (we don't wear rings) but there are too many damned weirdos out there these days and it seems like the weirder they are the more likely they are to approach me ... Of course, I think girls these days are WAY too impressed with themselves and too high maintenance. But, I can see how being hesitate to speak to someone casually without worrying about getting a face full of gas ... or wasp spray ... or pepper spray ... would make it rough on a nice guy like you.

Me?? If I'm ever single again I intend to stay that ...
With all due respect, they aren't hitting on you, they are probably concerned that you walked away from the memory care wing at the local old folks home.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With all due respect, they aren't hitting on you, they are probably concerned that you walked away from the memory care wing at the local old folks home.

:sunbath: if they are:

1. NOT creepy, like "Ted Bundy" creepy ...
2. DON'T smell bad, like "I took a shower THIS morning" ... AND
3. Are fairly nice looking, like "just your average guy" kinda nice looking -- bonus points for the scruffy bad boy look :w000t:...

IN THAT ORDER ...

they might have a shot. BUT ... NOT if I have my resting ***** face on. You'd think that men would have learned by now, if for no other reason that the ensure their own longevity, that a woman with RBF is not to be trifled with ... :werd:

But all I can think is "Oh GREAT! What's this ****ing loon want from me??" because I'm WAY past my prime and not so vain I don't know it. :coffee2:

CBarCRanch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
:sunbath: if they are:

1. NOT creepy, like "Ted Bundy" creepy ...
2. DON'T smell bad, like "I took a shower THIS morning" ... AND
3. Are fairly nice looking, like "just your average guy" kinda nice looking -- bonus points for the scruffy bad boy look :w000t:...

IN THAT ORDER ...

they might have a shot. BUT ... NOT if I have my resting ***** face on. You'd think that men would have learned by now, if for no other reason that the ensure their own longevity, that a woman with RBF is not to be trifled with ... :werd:

But all I can think is "Oh GREAT! What's this ****ing loon want from me??" because I'm WAY past my prime and not so vain I don't know it. :coffee2:
Lowered expectations = less rejections.

Latest posts

Top Bottom