Teen girl safety

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A can of Brake Clean and a Lighter would work.
When I was in junior high school ('68-'70?) a guy put on a demonstration of self-defense techniques, much of it aimed at girls. That's where I got the rat-tailed comb/brush to the throat idea.

He also showed them how to light an aerosol can of hairspray (which most girls carried at the time). It made a wide fan-shaped flame probably a couple feet long, and almost that wide (at its widest point).

Pretty effective I'm sure. But if you're pumping gas, fire is NOT a good idea. ;)

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6-and that sums up what a daughter's life is worth. Whatever it take to ward off evil. Usually these eight balls have a criminal record and the DA looks at and considers that in his decision.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6-and that sums up what a daughter's life is worth. Whatever it take to ward off evil. Usually these eight balls have a criminal record and the DA looks at and considers that in his decision.
Catchy phrase, but if she gets prison time for an illegal weapon (felony), it won't be much fun for anyone involved.

There are legal ways to defend one's self. For example, a small purse containing several dollars in coins is basically a very effective (and legal) blackjack. ;)

Last edited:

CBarCRanch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
These days how are you supposed to approach a member of the opposite sex to say hi? Loud speaker from several yards away to ask for permission to approach? Strictly dating apps? Arranged meeting by the parents?

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Catchy phrase, but if she gets prison time for an illegal weapon (felony), it won't be much fun for anyone involved.

There are legal ways to defend one's self. For example, a small purse containing several dollars in coins is basically a very effective (and legal) blackjack. ;)

I'm not sure the penalty for carrying a weapon without a permit for an underage person is. It's definitely not a felony for an adult. $100-250 fine and possibility of up to 30 days locked up. I may have or have not carried a firearm for years with no permit before or after the CCW.

Pay for a right? Shall not be infringed?
Might as well charge people to speak, worship and vote.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure the penalty for carrying a weapon without a permit for an underage person is. It's definitely not a felony for an adult. $100-250 fine and possibility of up to 30 days locked up.
Sorry, my mistake. As usual... I'm not a lawyer. :D

"Nevertheless, the use of an unlawfully carried weapon in self-defense -indeed, the mere unlawful possession of the weapon can have profoundly negative effects on your self-defense claim under certain circumstances."
https://www.ammoland.com/2014/03/can-use-of-illegally-carried-gun-harm-claim-of-self-defense/

Pay for a right? Shall not be infringed?
Might as well charge people to speak, worship and vote.
I agree. But until these unconstitutional laws are overturned, you can still go to jail for violating them. :drunk2:

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, my mistake. As usual... I'm not a lawyer. :D

"Nevertheless, the use of an unlawfully carried weapon in self-defense -indeed, the mere unlawful possession of the weapon can have profoundly negative effects on your self-defense claim under certain circumstances."
https://www.ammoland.com/2014/03/can-use-of-illegally-carried-gun-harm-claim-of-self-defense/

I agree. But until these unconstitutional laws are overturned, you can still go to jail for violating them. :drunk2:

No problem buddy. I agree.

In some instances the penalties are stricter if you violate the law when you have a permit. I dang sure ain't a lawyer either.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These days how are you supposed to approach a member of the opposite sex to say hi? Loud speaker from several yards away to ask for permission to approach? Strictly dating apps? Arranged meeting by the parents?

I gotta admit when some random fella tries to strike up a conversation with me these days I start looking around for accomplices ... or wondering WTF is wrong with him ... because from the time I leave the house until I get back here I have my resting ***** face on.

I mean I know I'm married and all (we don't wear rings) but there are too many damned weirdos out there these days and it seems like the weirder they are the more likely they are to approach me ... Of course, I think girls these days are WAY too impressed with themselves and too high maintenance. But, I can see how being hesitate to speak to someone casually without worrying about getting a face full of gas ... or wasp spray ... or pepper spray ... would make it rough on a nice guy like you.

Me?? If I'm ever single again I intend to stay that ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom