Teenagers…grrr…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:censored::censored:

Were teens always as stupid & thoughtless as some I encountered while shopping for groceries today? I saw a group of 3 males & 1 female that were walking around shopping then later they were using one of the store’s electric carts with the female in the basket. I thought it was mostly youthful foolishness until I had a direct encounter in the chip aisle. One of the males decided to interact with me by means of a “High 5, Sir”. I looked at him & asked if we knew each other & he said “No”. I told him to clear off & out of my way. He made comments to his group but I ignored & avoided them to continue shopping and checking out.

I don’t know why they felt the need to interact as I am generally in “gray man” mode & don’t look to randomly interact with others (of any age) in public settings. This crew of teens seems to have never had any real parenting. Do I just put this in my personal “old man shouts at clouds” (random Simpson’s reference) file?

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nah, they do that when the better ones sense they're irritating people around them. They're trying to "touch base" with you to make it less uncomfortable.

Kids today are much worse than in previous generations unless you go back 200 years or so when roving bands of 15 year olds would club you as you walked to a neighboring town. Parents don't care, so they don't care. There's a great article in the Deseret News that covers a Norman teacher (democrat) that quit this year due to teens being supported in bad behavior by bad parents.

Latest posts

Top Bottom