Teenagers…grrr…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I goi inside because I cannot understand them at the kiosk and they always get my order wrong anyway so what is the use? When I'm inside, I can watch them and make sure no "special sauce" is added and I can check my order right there at the counter.

Screw the new McDonalds and their Kiosk ordering inside too.

A little advice from Leo Getz (Lethal Weapon):

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quess since i was raised in the country and would never think of doing something like that as a kid didnt see it til later in life, we done some stupid stuff as a kid but it wasnt out in public when we done it. And if they cant be man enough to walk up and say hello and hold hand out for a hand shake and usually only does the hand shake on interductions then i dont bother, not into the high five or fist bumps or any other the other things they do now days.
This ^^^^ on where/how I was raised. If I didn’t get called out by someone in that moment, the word was almost certainly getting back to my parents & I knew the consequences would be severe.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I go inside because I cannot understand them at the kiosk and they always get my order wrong anyway so what is the use? When I'm inside, I can watch them and make sure no "special sauce" is added and I can check my order right there at the counter.

Screw the new McDonalds and their Kiosk ordering inside too.
First thing back in Oklahoma I go to the Taco Bell in Moore with the wife. I noticed they had flags by both drive thru windows that say use our app. Got up to the kiosk and nobody answered. Thought the kiosk must be down, that’s why the line is so long (30 minute wait). Get up to the window and started giving them our order and the girl says she has to go get someone (her first day on the job). So the manager comes up and asked if we ordered online? I told him no. Then he said I’d have to place my order online then get in the back of the line again, because that’s how they do drive through orders now. LOL!

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First thing back in Oklahoma I go to the Taco Bell in Moore with the wife. I noticed they had flags by both drive thru windows that say use our app. Got up to the kiosk and nobody answered. Thought the kiosk must be down, that’s why the line is so long (30 minute wait). Get up to the window and started giving them our order and the girl says she has to go get someone (her first day on the job). So the manager comes up and asked if we ordered online? I told him no. Then he said I’d have to place my order online then get in the back of the line again, because that’s how they do drive through orders now. LOL!

It's an entirely different world from when I was a kid and growing up into my 50s.

I'm really thankful and remember the days when someone filled your car with gas and washed you windows and checked your oil. And when companies had real people to take care of you when you called or needed help.

I just don't see how this new way of doing things is going to be sustainable. No one knows how to do anything any more if it doesn't involve an app on their phone. It's pretty pathetic.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll have random interactions like this one while out and usually just give them a high-five back.
That is what I do. I figure it's just a kid (or bunch) enjoying the moment in what is otherwise (to them) a screwed-up world, a world that many blame us for.
That they still reach out in a friendly (though different way than when I was that age) tells me that today's kids are not just a bunch of totally 'lost' drug addicts or rebels.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
:censored::censored:

Were teens always as stupid & thoughtless as some I encountered while shopping for groceries today? I saw a group of 3 males & 1 female that were walking around shopping then later they were using one of the store’s electric carts with the female in the basket. I thought it was mostly youthful foolishness until I had a direct encounter in the chip aisle. One of the males decided to interact with me by means of a “High 5, Sir”. I looked at him & asked if we knew each other & he said “No”. I told him to clear off & out of my way. He made comments to his group but I ignored & avoided them to continue shopping and checking out.

I don’t know why they felt the need to interact as I am generally in “gray man” mode & don’t look to randomly interact with others (of any age) in public settings. This crew of teens seems to have never had any real parenting. Do I just put this in my personal “old man shouts at clouds” (random Simpson’s reference) file?
poke78........ I'm older than dirt, but I'm NOT a grouchy old man, and have no plans to bercome one! These kids sound irrsposable, but most kids are, and I think some of that is normal in their progress to become adults. The truth likely is, had YOU been forced to grow up now, with the BARRAGE OF LEFT-WING PROPAGANDA, THEY FACE 24/7/365, would not fair as well as these kids are doing!! Kids now are just like American kids have always been, or even STRONGER, to survive the BRAIN WASHING THEY GET FROM DAY ONE, AND STILL BECOME HONORABLE, DECENT, PRODUCTIVE AMERICANS!!!!!!!!!!! WE HAD OUR TIME, LET THEM DO THE SAME!!!!

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is what I do. I figure it's just a kid (or bunch) enjoying the moment in what is otherwise (to them) a screwed-up world, a world that many blame us for.
That they still reach out in a friendly (though different way than when I was that age) tells me that today's kids are not just a bunch of totally 'lost' drug addicts or rebels.
Exactly and by being jerk’s you are just proving their points about us “boomers”.

Latest posts

Top Bottom