Tell me about Beretta 92s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docohm

Maximus Shooterist
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to the shooting range today and rented a Sig P320 and a Beretta 92FS. I didn't like the Sig much, sorry Sig fans, just didn't impress me at all. The Beretta on the other hand was VERY nice! Fit my hand just perfect and shot SO nice. Trigger was very good, and quite accurate too! (The Sig wasn't). This is the 2nd 92 I've rented at different ranges and they both were impressive. Is this common? Are all 92s so nice? I see they have 92FS, 92A1, and M9A1 models. What's the difference? Do they all have nice triggers? Which one should I buy?

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I carried the M9 for many years in the service. I had a love hate relationship with it because I am a true 1911 guy. Started shooting competition again after retirement and what gun did I choose? Yep, an M9. Gets a lot of heat from many people for various reasons, but I have found it shoots, and shoots well. On sale last month at the PX, I picked one up again and am fitting it for CMP competitions. IMHO you really cannot go wrong with a Beretta. I also have a Sig 320C that the wife bought me for Christmas, decent gun but I find it lives in the safe as where the M9 comes out to play allot more. I have found good triggers on all of them, even the issued ones. Not 2.5lb competition Bullseye trigger but a decent break at about 5.5lbs on my newest one. Hope this helps a bit.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 92 and its a fine pistol...its just not for me. I want to like it, I shoot OK with it...but I just cant get over the SA/DA triggers on them for some reason.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to the shooting range today and rented a Sig P320 and a Beretta 92FS. I didn't like the Sig much, sorry Sig fans, just didn't impress me at all. The Beretta on the other hand was VERY nice! Fit my hand just perfect and shot SO nice. Trigger was very good, and quite accurate too! (The Sig wasn't). This is the 2nd 92 I've rented at different ranges and they both were impressive. Is this common? Are all 92s so nice? I see they have 92FS, 92A1, and M9A1 models. What's the difference? Do they all have nice triggers? Which one should I buy?

Go here....Berettaforum.net.... and you'll read more than you'd ever want to about Berettas.

Last edited:

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was issued one when they first came out in 1985. I was in the AF and up till then we were carrying S&W model 15 .38's with ball ammo. It was a welcome replacement over the .38.

When they first came out there were reports of frame breakages from Navy SEAL units. There were some ups and downs and the die hard 1911 users fought tooth and nail to keep their beloved .45's.

IIRC, the first issued Berettas we got were Italian made. As a part of the military contract Beretta had to build a manufacturing plant in the U.S. within a certain time.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are apparently pretty good guns. I wanted to like them way back when but the open slide turns me off. And its been forever since I've shot one but isnt the safety backwards on those?

Latest posts

Top Bottom