Tell me about Beretta 92s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boldkharma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Found on http://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=127562 WC Ultrathin grips.

Yep. Thats my 92a1. The WC ultra thin grips make a huge difference. It feels more like a 1911 in the hand with these. The berreta 92 is my favorite semi auto and I have owned them all. I have never had a failure with any 92 I have owned and they are very accurate in my hand.

i1368.photobucket.com_albums_ag175_rpitcher651_20170105_131413_zpsr66u5vr9.jpg

Boldkharma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to the shooting range today and rented a Sig P320 and a Beretta 92FS. I didn't like the Sig much, sorry Sig fans, just didn't impress me at all. The Beretta on the other hand was VERY nice! Fit my hand just perfect and shot SO nice. Trigger was very good, and quite accurate too! (The Sig wasn't). This is the 2nd 92 I've rented at different ranges and they both were impressive. Is this common? Are all 92s so nice? I see they have 92FS, 92A1, and M9A1 models. What's the difference? Do they all have nice triggers? Which one should I buy?

92FS is the standard Beretta 92. Has integrated front sight which may be a disadvantage to some. M9a1 was made at the request of the U.S. Marines. It has a picatinny rail, flared magwell and more aggressive front and back checkering. Still has non dovetailed front sight. 92A1 is a more recent release, basically a redesigned model 90-two. Has an integrated buffer in the frame which was designed to tame the 40 caliber version. Also has a captured recoil spring. It has a dovetailed front sight which is a big plus to me. I have trijicon night sights on mine. I think they all have nice triggers which can be made much better with a drop in lighter D hammer spring. Dont forget the M9 which is the standard military version, has dot and post sights and no warning labels. I have a new in box one for sale in the classifieds ; )

Latest posts

Top Bottom