Tell me about cross bows

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also if I had a monster buck at about 70yds and I couldn’t get any closer to its routine, I could see where a guy with dreams of Instagram fame and fortune would be tempted to run over to a pro shop and plunk a few bills on a good Xbow to whack him. That ain’t in the spirit of bow hunting and archery I grew up in and strive to be part of.
Again, this is more of why I don’t do it. And if I don’t think it’s up to snuff, I can’t morally say, well it’s ok for you to do it. I am however fine with legislative processes and citizens speaking their rights and what happens happens. Change is inevitable.
Do you really think that every person with a compound or recurve hasn't taken a crap shot at a monster buck beyond their range they practice at because its a monster?
Every person shooting a bow is the ultimate hunter that never shoots over their assigned max range?
I personally think that most bow hunters are really ethical in their hunting regimen and pass on shots they are not comfortable with, but there is a percentage of people that are not.
I watch these TV hunters all the time, seeing them gut shoot deer, and promote backing out for the night and going back in the morning to recover the antlers with their compound bows.
I applaud you for being an ethical bow hunter that is like most of us, but equating XBOW hunters that can no longer handle a conventional bow is disingenuous.
ALL people that want to hunt need an avenue to be there and the legal means to do so.
Colorado purist have relegated muzzle loader hunting to guns with percussion caps only because 209 primer fired weapons are too "modern".
I've never understood why the "purist" didn't restrict it to flintlocks only since they are so interested in "primative".
Hell, why not thrown rocks or spears only. How primitive do we need to be to be an ethical hunter?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I’ve got a long standing rule for posting on message boards. If anyone starts sharing their views on “morals” and “ethics”, I’m out on the discussion, because I sh*t storm is about to start.
Y’all have fun.:woohoo1:

My umbrella is sturdy, I'll attempt to make it through the storm without any brown marks lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom