Tell me about the M&P .45 compact...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know most of the members here favor the 9mm. And I'll be the first to tell you that yes, the 9mm cartridge has had a serious make-over in the last few years and yes, it can now honestly stand with the big boys.

However...

There are still a few of us dinosaurs out there that still like the .40S&W and the .45ACP, respectively. Let's face it; big bullets make big holes.

Now, I'm not here to discuss the lifelong debate of 9 vs 40 vs 45, or Ford vs Chevy, Pepsi vs Coke, Maryann vs Ginger... :blahblah:

I just wanna know what you guys, my trusted advisors :bighug: think of the Smith & Wesson M&P .45 compact. I'm kinda diggin' it. :naughty:

Anybody got one?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tru dat.

I dunno. I'm wanting a Ruger SP101, but then again, I'm thinking I might need an auto.

I saw the M&P .45 compact and decided maybe I need a .45 instead of another .38/.357 caliber wheelgun...I have 5 wheelies already. :scratch:

Last edited:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I have one and it is great!! Shoots well, recoil is not much different than my 1911, waiting on my ccw but wearing it around the house is getting comfortable. The pistol is easy to take down for cleaning with the exception of a little bar in the magazine well that has to be unlocked to take it down and that takes a small screw driver unless you have small fingers to get in there to work it.
I would definitely recommend this pistol. Drury has shot it and I bet he would give you his impressions of it if asked!
I added after market sights but it was really a want and not a need, came with 3 dot sights that were just fine.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can get by the city at any time I have a membership at Wilshire gun and could get you in free to shoot it.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The pistol is easy to take down for cleaning with the exception of a little bar in the magazine well that has to be unlocked to take it down and that takes a small screw driver unless you have small fingers to get in there to work it.

The lever in the magazine well does not have to be manipulated for disassembly. It does however allow you to do it without pulling the trigger.

The other way. Verify the firearm is clear by carefully inspecting both the magazine and the chamber. With the take-down lever on the down position, release the striker by pointing the muzzle in a safe direction and pulling the trigger.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL Thanks!! Guy I bought it from showed me how to take it down and I never questioned it, will give that a shot soon, Thanks again!!!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one and it is great!! Shoots well, recoil is not much different than my 1911, waiting on my ccw but wearing it around the house is getting comfortable. The pistol is easy to take down for cleaning with the exception of a little bar in the magazine well that has to be unlocked to take it down and that takes a small screw driver unless you have small fingers to get in there to work it.
I would definitely recommend this pistol. Drury has shot it and I bet he would give you his impressions of it if asked!
I added after market sights but it was really a want and not a need, came with 3 dot sights that were just fine.

Heck I'll give you my my impression of it without being asked even! Basically, I liked it a lot. Thin, light, surprisingly manageable for its size, and a fine shooter. If I was in the market for a small semi in .45, that was not a 1911 or a relative thereof, this would be at the top of my list. Unless you have an aversion to polymer pistols, I think this would be a fine choice.

For okierider: RTFM. (LOL)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I owned an M&P 45 compact for a while. It was a nice shooting gun, if i ever decide to carry a compact 45acp pistol again i will certainly place it at the top of my list. Lately though i prefer carrying full sized handguns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom