Tell me the good, bad and ugly about 10mm...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting into the 10mm game, but I don't know much about it. I've never owned one before, but I'm thinking that I might. If'n I do, vhances are it'll be a gen4 Glock 20 or 29.

:thanku:
DO IT! I did and I've never regretted it. I tossed it around for quite awhile. Do I or don't I? If I do which one? I finally bought a Rock Island full size double stack 1911. Yes it's a beast. I'm am of average size including my hands and this double stack feels great! I had already decided that that this was not ever going to be an every day or even an occasional concealed carry gun but that was pretty obvious. Well guess what. I can slide this horse into a Galco open top slotted belt slide holster at around the 5 o'clock position,throw a tee shirt over it and no one would ever know I had it on. Seriously! Not to mention that it is extremely comfortable. Standing, sitting makes no difference. It defies all the expectations and rules or laws or whatever of concealed carry. I was carrying a S&W M&P 2.0 3.5" .40 in a kydex IWB and it was great. In fact I still carry it on occasion. It's not as comfortable to carry as my 10mm. Now as far as shooting the gun. I like it!! Maybe a slight more recoil than a .45acp but it just feels really good. Ammunition is not cheap but when did that ever stop us. No ammo is cheap nowadays.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of mine.

Attachments

• IMG_4166.jpg
    IMG_4166.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_4172.jpg
    IMG_4172.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_4170.jpg
    IMG_4170.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 79

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I jumped on a private sale of delta elite, now looking for a g20/40, the 29 just doesn’t look fun to shoot, a buddy ccw one, but video shows it has a tad bit of muzzle flip. I guess as ccw who cares as long as I can bring heat in target

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The first time I ever heard of the 10mm, it was the caliber of choice for the Bren 10 that was based on the CZ75 design. It was supposed to be the caliber to solve any and all problems. The gun was expected to be more popular than Glock is today. The problem was that the only magazines that existed seemed to be with the gun for the demos and the one carried by Sonny Crockett on Miami Vice.

After the infamous FBI Miami shootout in 1986 the feds realized they were seriously under gunned and adopted the 10mm as a duty weapon. IIRC correctly (and I could be wrong) they were issued Colt 1911 platform Semi-autos. They soon learned that the size and the weight of the gun plus the heavy recoil resulted in many of their agents failing to qualify.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up a 6” alpha wolf 10mm barrel and some mags for my g21, kind of wish I went stock length, but I won’t forget which barrel is which and is with a 22lb recoil spring, I should be in business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom