Tell us your traveling troubles over your lifetime.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I called Delta Airlines and asked them if they could fly me to Boston and my luggage to Chicago. They said no, my luggage will be on the same plane and go with me to Boston. I asked, why not, you did it last week?!?
That's great! Have had that happen a couple times. Once turned into quite an ordeal. It would be a long story to tell. Wish I had thought of calling the airline later with that question.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your wife and you were separated?

No, we met online when I lived in Moore and she lived in Las Vegas to take care of her dad. We met in '99, decided to be exclusive in '00, I moved out to Vegas in '01, we got married in '03 and have been together since. 21 going on 22 years of being together, coming up on 19 years of marriage, and so far we have still not had a fight. Some disagreements, a very few arguments, but no fights.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, we met online when I lived in Moore and she lived in Las Vegas to take care of her dad. We met in '99, decided to be exclusive in '00, I moved out to Vegas in '01, we got married in '03 and have been together since. 21 going on 22 years of being together, coming up on 19 years of marriage, and so far we have still not had a fight. Some disagreements, a very few arguments, but no fights.
Oh, I see. Like the man off to war while the wife is at home. Marriage is still (hopefully) a happy one (and hopefully one free of infidelity) while the spouses are physically an ocean apart on the map.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Vehicle breakdowns, train delays, late transit buses, rude cab companies, rude bus drivers, foul weather, being out of money far from home, rude stewardesses, no vacancy signs on cheap motels and plane layovers can really ruin many a travel plan.

You are quite secure if you have major plastic with you while traveling and a good line of credit. I prefer to have gun while traveling for security too. I try to avoid travelling into or through anti-gun jurisdictions like the plague. Don't you dare leave a gun unattended in a motel room even with a "do not disturb sign" on the door. The maids will never mind that sign and go in your room anyway. Motel 6 is worst in the lot in this regard to total lack of respect for guest privacy and security. California Motel 6 is even worse in that regard. Motel 6 is the "Walmart" or the "McDonald's" of lodging.

Last edited:

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've been very fortunate on this front, but it's been rare when we traveled beyond TX and OK.

A few times we had to call kinfolk or friends for help. Sis brought me a spare set of keys when I accidently locked mine in the trunk of my '65 Galaxie (I was 17 or 18).

Dad brought us a front wheel bearing on the side of the road for the '76 F-250 (I had tools).

A friend loaded my torch into our '81 Fairmont wagon when a carrier bearing locked up (again, the '76 F-250) on the side of the road with a load of cattle headed for the Durant livestock sale.

Another friend cut & re-attached a heater hose that had blown out near the heater core on a '95 Taurus wagon when Sweetie was headed to Whitesboro, TX. Same car later blew a headgasket, and a stranger put water in it so she could limp it home.

Not really a lot of travel trouble over the years. And thankfully, nothing very expensive.
:drunk2:
___

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Late 80s, in the service, Bergstrom outside of Austin. The mustang broke down, fellow about my age pulled up took me home. His mom and family welcomed me to a nice dinner. I then showered and changed and we went out drinking. The next day after everything opened we fixed the stang and I was on my way. Good people.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welding sanitary pipe in FL, they flew us back to TX every few weeks. There was Jimmy, Joel and myself, Joel was a chatter box that drove Jimmy and I crazy. There was a layover/ plane change and when I got my ticket the man said it was about to depart.. I OJ'ed it thru the airport onto the plane and they shut the door behind me. ROTFLMAO, I left Jimmy with Joel and knew the pain he was feeling But I laughed my azz off all the way to DFW. I did have to wait on them but it sure was peaceful..lol. There's 2 of a handful of adventures.

Latest posts

Top Bottom