Tell us your traveling troubles over your lifetime.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd gotten an attorney and possibly sued TSA or whomever. It sounds like a violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act, maybe. I don't even want to talk about my crappy experience with Delta Airlines once. I try to avoid commercial planes like the plague. I've only flown once since 9/11 and that was back in late 2002. I got jacked with stupid questions from TSA about all the small stuff I had in my briefcase inculding an expensive Parker gold pen/pencil set. These days, I virtually only travel in a car or truck I drive myself even through several states. The Amtrak train I took round trip from CA to Denver in 1986 sucked too. People who do terrorism like 9/11 often just want to cause disruption and hassle on our American soil. Such disruption and hassle as an aftermath of terrorist bullchit causes undignified treatment toward innocent folks who travel and added costs in time, money, energy, quality of life and resources.
Delta is nothing but a flying s--t-house, the last three times I flew with them it turned into a disaster, never again! Their Atlanta terminal is the worst connection terminal in the country, makes Chicago look like a day in the park by comparisome.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At Lambert Field St Louis a TWA counter girl grabbed my 45 out of my proper travel tested TSA cool container and went walking around the ticket counters asking other personnel what she was supposed to do with it, caused a big ruckus. I got apology from counter supervisor, he offered a TWA discount towards future flight on TWA, I said "nope, won't ever be a next time"
Got fired from my job because I had to call a company supervisor to verify my employment as I was flying on company ticket. Supervisor was a total hopolophobe anti gun fruity skittle. My boss couldn't save me because Skittles spun it to corporate that I tried to hijack a flight via the ticket counter and bad man with nasty gun.
I just finished a 6 week project inspection for HUD and St Charles housing authority, legit place to be heavily armed at all times.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Way back in the middle ages while I was in college, I worked for a Holiday Inn. Most of my shifts were 11-7 as the night manager. This was back in 1966-1969 when society was more civilized than today, however I experienced crap that no one should have to put up with. Propositioned by male and female, robbed at gunpoint, drunks, fortunately we didn't have the drugs and homeless issues that exist today. Lots of good experiences and plenty of funny things.

So ever since those years, I have always tried to be pleasant to folks that are working their jobs, because I don't know what the customers before me may have acted like.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a 5 hour lay over in Cairo airport from 0200-0700 me and a buddy had finished and Egypt trip back when it was semi civilized and heading to Turkey so we decided to take a nap on our luggage 2giant kit bags. Well the idiot guards wanted our papers buy poking us with their stein guns (at least I think that’s what they were been 30 + years)
Anyway you wake up in a hurry

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On the company jet making an approach into Memphis Intl. one stormy evening............. Pilot was trying to "thread the needle" thru the stormy clouds when all of a sudden we were hit by a bolt of lightning............. Temporarily blinded everyone for a few seconds and I saw it travel from the nose down the fuselage and exit the rear. When we landed we saw that it burned a small hole in the nose cap, and a small hole on the chrome ring of the rear jet engine as it left the plane. Pilots said they were certainly blinded as well, and noticed that a few of the instrument dials spun a couple of times. Other than than, just shook us up a bit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom