Terminal Ballistics from the Morgue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting read, no surprise though.

The .38 and .357 Mag are man killers... tried and true, and the .45 is... well, .45. :)

Both of these are my carry guns... S&W 638 (.38) and my NHC GRP 1911.

For those misfortunate enough to have actually seen this stuff in action... some weird things happen when a projectile hits flesh and bone. I've seen a heart stopper .32 with one shot, with the other guy having been shot 3 times with the same gun before taking it away from the BG.

12 gauge and rifles are a mess... especially when they're self-inflicted... not really any surprises with them though, it does exactly what you would think it would.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK...now you have me thinking twice before selling my .40's. I don't really love shooting them, so I went back to shooting 9mm and .45.

I've never shot a 357. Have always been told the 357 will blind and deafen the user. So even though it's a great round, I've been told that using it is counterproductive in any low light setting.

What do you think about CCW in 357? Too much?

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK...now you have me thinking twice before selling my .40's. I don't really love shooting them, so I went back to shooting 9mm and .45.

I've never shot a 357. Have always been told the 357 will blind and deafen the user. So even though it's a great round, I've been told that using it is counterproductive in any low light setting.

.38 is still great if you don't want .357.

ldmtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I have had a .357 for 25 years. Awesome gun - definitely loud and will light up the night. Just too heavy for ccw in my opinion.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are some lightweight .357s in a five shot version that are small and light enough for practical concealment/carry. This has me looking at them again. I know they kick like hell, but except for periodic range refreshers, one of these won't get shot much by me (hopefully not at all) and I have noticed that recoil is not very noticable when your mind is on somthing more important.

Not saying I'm going to go to a wheel gun for primary carry, but seriously considering it. CB

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sounds like my CCW 340PD ... ultra light at 11 oz ... a good healthy kick, not the bleeding hands urban legend one hears about.

no problems hitting a pie plate at 10yds or handling recoil with full house .357 out of 340PD... but what I choose to carry is +P

no way you are doing weak hand shots with .357 ... +P because it's way more controllable. besides if you can't do the job with +P self defensive ammo ......

There are some lightweight .357s in a five shot version that are small and light enough for practical concealment/carry. This has me looking at them again. I know they kick like hell, but except for periodic range refreshers, one of these won't get shot much by me (hopefully not at all) and I have noticed that recoil is not very noticable when your mind is on somthing more important.

Not saying I'm going to go to a wheel gun for primary carry, but seriously considering it. CB

Latest posts

Top Bottom