Terminal Ballistics from the Morgue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
During the 70's and early 80's a Detroit Detective named Evan Marshal wrote quite a few articles about wound ballistics for the gun magazines. That article is similiar to some of the stuff he wrote.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
During the 70's and early 80's a Detroit Detective named Evan Marshal wrote quite a few articles about wound ballistics for the gun magazines. That article is similiar to some of the stuff he wrote.

Yes, but most of what Marshal wrote on was his theories of the one-shot-stop, and which calibers would accomplish this, him and Sanow were in cahoots over this, and for a short time had some folks believing thats all they needed was one shot i.e. the majic bullet. Short of a snipers perfect shot, we know today its just not so, hence the reason every instructor teachs to shoot till the BG stops.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, but most of what Marshal wrote on was his theories of the one-shot-stop, and which calibers would accomplish this, him and Sanow were in cahoots over this, and for a short time had some folks believing thats all they needed was one shot i.e. the majic bullet. Short of a snipers perfect shot, we know today its just not so, hence the reason every instructor teachs to shoot till the BG stops.

Have you read the pig study? I had it quite some time ago... I can try to track it down if you want to read it.... it's mildly interesting.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the Judge asks you "why did you shoot that man 5 times?" you simply respond with "Well your Honor, because 4 wouldn't have been enough and 6 would have been too many."

Drail

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
great read! I remember reading many years ago from a BG point of view about coming out of a house against police, getting shot he said at point blank with a 12ga. and saying it knocked the wind outta him but nothing he couldn't handle and kept going. He then said he felt a seering pain in his arm and later wakeing up in a hospitol with his arm amputated. he had been hit in the elbow with a .45 and it destroyed the joint and bones and this was the shot that took him down. wish i could remember where i had read that to make sure all the stuff i remember was correct.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
this article and all the recent shootings ... where the homeowner survives after being shot three times, etc... convinced me to start CCW .357 in my 340PD again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom