Testing Some 44 Mag Loads with the Raging Bull

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I quit building full-house magnums some time ago, but I did use H110 in my 44 mag loads. MPPs are important with H110 (I also understand W296 is the same stuff….), as is the minimum charge. I used Nosler 240 grain JHPs, which I thought were good-they were not! I had jacket separation (and hideous accuracy), within published powder charges. The cost of “magnum” capable bullets and not being much fun to shoot convinced me to buy the bear-killers and load fun target rounds at moderate velocities with my 45ACP powder.
Yep thats kind of what i do with my 41 mags. Stout load of the old Hornady 210 gr. for deer and lighter loads both lead and jacketed for shooting paper at the house.

EKing

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With the H110/W296 you can't go wrong with the magnum primers. I always use magnum primers with these powders.
Yep thats kind of what i do with my 41 mags. Stout load of the old Hornady 210 gr. for deer and lighter loads both lead and jacketed for shooting paper at the house.
How do you know if someone shoots 41 Mag? He'll tell you!

Ok, just pulling your chain a little, I am also a 41 Mag fanboy myself.

Lhecker51

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love the .41 for deer. I loaded up a few hundred Nosler .210 gr JHP that do the trick in my S&W 657 Classic Hunter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom