Testing the Ruger American Ranch 7.62x39 Suppressed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@thaHooligan thats a crazy amount of POA to POI impact. I’m guessing you were shooting at 100 yards or so? I’ve seen and heard of up to 3-4” of deviations from unsuppressed to suppressed, but 6” is a huge shift. Do you know if your muzzle cut may not be quite concentric enough or maybe if there’s something going on with the can/mount/threads?
That doesn't seem that far out of the norm to me. I have seen worse and some better.

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree that the 6” should be fine. Especially with the tight group shown in the video. I have a Silencerco Omega that I use on several rifles. POI differs on all of them (compared to w/o silencer). I just sight it in with the suppressor and don’t plan on shooting without it.

…great video BTW.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That doesn't seem that far out of the norm to me. I have seen worse and some better.
I agree 6" difference is fine. The more they weigh the more shift from what I have seen. Be happy there is not much side to side.....winning!
I agree that the 6” should be fine. Especially with the tight group shown in the video. I have a Silencerco Omega that I use on several rifles. POI differs on all of them (compared to w/o silencer). I just sight it in with the suppressor and don’t plan on shooting without it.

…great video BTW.
Good to know, thanks fellas! I was a little worried about it for a minute there. lol

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The hole thru the can for 30 cal should be 50-75 thousandths larger than bullet diameter .360-.375 maybe even bigger.
Some companies really overbore to relieve back-pressure on semi-autos.
You need to take it on and off several times, shooting a group each time to make sure poi is repeatable.
My marlin camp 9, if I spin the can on and it snaps up sharply, it has a different poi than if I screw it on and just snug it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom