Tet anniversary.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeppers...

...my hat's off to all those that have served, but especially to those that served in Vietnam because of all wars that the U.S. has been involved with, that one seemed to generate the most hate towards those in the military.

SdoubleA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeppers...

...my hat's off to all those that have served, but especially to those that served in Vietnam because of all wars that the U.S. has been involved with, that one seemed to generate the most hate towards those in the military.

That is my sentiment as well. Those were cold, dark times that never really found full redemption for many.

I struggled for years until I forgave, but I will never forget. My road to forgiveness began in 1995 in the form of a novel dealing with the "things" I could never talk about, but had to be purged even tho. Some eighty thousand plus words later, it was there for my loved ones to interpret and apply in order to make sense of it all. After that, it was never spoken of again by me.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One guy in recent years asked me if I was a Vietnam vet and I said yes. He shook my hand an said, “Welcome home.” It made me feel good and sad at the same time, a strange feeling.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is my sentiment as well. Those were cold, dark times that never really found full redemption for many.

I struggled for years until I forgave, but I will never forget. My road to forgiveness began in 1995 in the form of a novel dealing with the "things" I could never talk about, but had to be purged even tho. Some eighty thousand plus words later, it was there for my loved ones to interpret and apply in order to make sense of it all. After that, it was never spoken of again by me.
If you don't mind sharing the title, I am interested in reading it.

SdoubleA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you don't mind sharing the title, I am interested in reading it.

Thank you for your interest. I titled the piece "the Valley of the Shadow", but never published. I originally began writing it to publish in order to possibly help others to understand. That explains the novel form of story.

God had another purpose for the writing as the repressed memories and words slowly came to surface. Together, we fought the many demons, fears, feelings and foes the Dragon had left in the wake. The story had became entirely too personal to share with strangers. My wife, our children, and a few very close friends were all the readers I needed.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you for your interest. I titled the piece "the Valley of the Shadow", but never published. I originally began writing it to publish in order to possibly help others to understand. That explains the novel form of story.

God had another purpose for the writing as the repressed memories and words slowly came to surface. Together, we fought the many demons, fears, feelings and foes the Dragon had left in the wake. The story had became entirely too personal to share with strangers. My wife, our children, and a few very close friends were all the readers I needed.
I understand. Thank you for your service!

Latest posts

Top Bottom