Texas Dem Lawmakers Who Fled State to Skip Election Reform Will Be Arrested Upon Return

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I say do away with the parties like it use to be years and years ago and make everyone a independent so they have to use their own brain instead of siding with what the party wants.
And just how do you propose actually doing away with parties ? If they made everyone an independent, don't you still think that people would group up and side with their group on issues ? "Doing away with parties" is kind of an imaginary scenario I think.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And just how do you propose actually doing away with parties ? If they made everyone an independent, don't you still think that people would group up and side with their group on issues ? "Doing away with parties" is kind of an imaginary scenario I think.
Not really. The first step would be to repeal the laws favoring and giving money to political parties. Election laws requiring Identification. Mandatory criminal action against lobbyists, and those taking money from corporations. Repeal and reversal of laws establishing corporate personhood. Eliminating straight party voting. Term limits, with standing given to any individual tax payer to seek removal of the elected official before their term expires, with attorney fees and costs all being borne by the elected official without dependence on outcome of the removal action. The right for people to assemble and vote in blocks is constitutional, establishment of private corporations and themselves passing laws for self-sustainment is not.

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
What laws "favor and give money to political parties" ?

Mandatory criminal action against lobbyists ? And who do you think is going to pass those laws ?

Laws establishing corporate personhood ? What is that ?

Term limits ? Good luck with getting that law changed.

"standing given to any individual tax payer to seek removal of the elected official before their term expires " what the heck does that mean?

Sounds like kind of an imaginary scenario to me.

Last edited:

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the arrest wouldn’t be a criminal case. The sergeant at arms would arrest them & transport to the capitol to make them do their job.
Dems want to make it easier to cheat in elections. Pretty obvious.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not really. The first step would be to repeal the laws favoring and giving money to political parties. Election laws requiring Identification. Mandatory criminal action against lobbyists, and those taking money from corporations. Repeal and reversal of laws establishing corporate personhood. Eliminating straight party voting. Term limits, with standing given to any individual tax payer to seek removal of the elected official before their term expires, with attorney fees and costs all being borne by the elected official without dependence on outcome of the removal action. The right for people to assemble and vote in blocks is constitutional, establishment of private corporations and themselves passing laws for self-sustainment is not.

You don't want people to have freedom of association or to be able to lobby their own government representatives?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What’s the punishment? Doing their job? Besides docking their pay their should be something else substantial to help prevent them from neglecting their job. Like being kicked out of office and barred from serving again
They just voted to arrest them and charge them with something, not sure what.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Big Tech owns both parties. Doing away with a party would be monetarily impossible

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say do away with the parties like it use to be years and years ago and make everyone a independent so they have to use their own brain instead of siding with what the party wants.

Having a big letter after your name doesn't cause you to not use your brain and do stupid ****.

Being stupid causes you to do stupid ****. It aint got nuthin to do with the party.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What laws "favor and give money to political parties" ?

Mandatory criminal action against lobbyists ? And who do you think is going to pass those laws ?

Laws establishing corporate personhood ? What is that ?

Term limits ? Good luck with getting that law changed.

"standing given to any individual tax payer to seek removal of the elected official before their term expires " what the heck does that mean?

Sounds like kind of an imaginary scenario to me.
I was referencing campaign finance and ballot access laws. Although, political parties do go have other avenues to limit the voting public, like in Oklahoma the measure to restrict the initiative referendum.
http://okvoterchoice.org/

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You don't want people to have freedom of association or to be able to lobby their own government representatives?
I don't believe that was my intent. I do want people to assemble and vote in blocks, and get together to lobby for issues. This can and should happen without a political party however.

Latest posts

Top Bottom