Texas HB 196

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which is the bigger idiot, the person or the people voting for her?

Meza

Terry%20Meza%20TT.jpg

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just looked it up myself. That stuff in the OP is BS. Yes, the chick is bats*** crazy, but not THAT bats*** crazy.

Here's what she ACTUALLY said:

"“It does not repeal the Castle Doctrine, and it does not restrict homeowners from using firearms in self-defense as applicable to current Texas stand your ground laws,” Meza wrote in a Nov. 19 tweet. “What my bill would do if passed, would require a homeowner to exhaust the potential of safely retreating into their habitation before using deadly force in defense of themselves or their property.”"

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just looked it up myself. That stuff in the OP is BS. Yes, the chick is bats*** crazy, but not THAT bats*** crazy.

"“It does not repeal the Castle Doctrine, and it does not restrict homeowners from using firearms in self-defense as applicable to current Texas stand your ground laws,” Meza wrote in a Nov. 19 tweet. “What my bill would do if passed, would require a homeowner to exhaust the potential of safely retreating into their habitation before using deadly force in defense of themselves or their property.”"

That doesn't make sense to me.
Stand your ground (at least in OK) means you don't have to retreat while in any location you have a right to be. Castle Doctrine applies to your home.
It sounds like she's saying 'if you're outside your home you have to retreat to the inside before you can use deadly force'. But if you're outside your home, that's somewhere you have a legal right to be, so why should you have to retreat if Stand Your Ground laws apply?
I don't get it.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys seen this stupidity?

"Texas, State Representative Terry Meza (D-Irving) has introduced HB196. Her bill would repeal the state's "castle doctrine." This doctrine allows a homeowner to use deadly force against an armed intruder who breaks into his home.
Now listen to what she has to say...
"I'm not saying that stealing is okay," Meza explained. "All I'm saying is that it doesn't warrant a death penalty. Thieves only carry weapons for self-protection and to provide the householder an incentive to cooperate. They just want to get their loot and get away. When the resident tries to resist is when people get hurt. If only one side is armed fewer people will be killed."
Meza was quick to reassure that her bill "would not totally prevent homeowners from defending themselves.
Under the new law the homeowner's obligation is to flee the home at the first sign of intrusion. If fleeing is not possible he must cooperate with the intruder. But if violence breaks out it is the homeowner's responsibility to make sure no one gets hurt. The best way to achieve this is to use the minimum non-lethal force possible because intruders will be able to sue for any injuries they receive at the hands of the homeowner."
"In most instances the thief needs the money more than the homeowner does," Meza reasoned. "The homeowner's insurance we reimburse his losses. On balance, the transfer of property is likely to lead to a more equitable distribution of wealth. If my bill can help make this transfer a peaceful one so much the better."
For those wanting to read more it’s HB 196 in Texas."
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That is one thing she has said, after the backlash started. The one I posted was her first comments on it before it came back to bite her in the butt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom