Text messages with offers for land and sex?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truckdriver

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I have Apple phones and our numbers are one digit apart. We're getting the same spam from sherri, whomever.

But when I try to block the number, it's showing a list of numbers and I can't block any of them. Suggestions?

Not familiar with Apple phones. Try contacting your cell provider or Apple support. Wish I could help more

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They keep trying because it works. I just had a Dr. last week come in saying his visa would be revoked if he didn't get 3 different 500 dollar Apple Gift cards and send the caller the info. After the 1st, he became suspicious and walked into our department. I grabbed the phone from him, told the caller to eat a dickenzin and blocked the number. Assured the Dr. it was a scam and referred him to the SS.

This is one of hundreds of scams that get people we see all the time.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've been getting calls to buy our undeveloped land in Cleve Co. We have rec'd letters from Nevada, Tx, and Fl. I knew they could get info on owner of property, but county said they are not given phone number. I guess it's not hard for them to get it.
My dad gets texts from people asking him when would be a good time to talk to him about buying a piece of property from him. If they weren't scammers, I'd tell him to reply "about 16 years ago," 'cause that's when he sold it to me. Dumbasses.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I have Apple phones and our numbers are one digit apart. We're getting the same spam from sherri, whomever.

But when I try to block the number, it's showing a list of numbers and I can't block any of them. Suggestions?
You're seeing the list because it's a group text. If you look right above the message, it should show the number of the jackwagon who sent it. Tap on the "info" icon at the top of the screen, then find that number in the list. Tap on the ">" next to the number, then tap on "Block this caller".

It used to be easier to block unwanted calls and texts, but an iOS update added this layer of complexity.

After you block the caller, back out 'til you get to the main messages screen, where you can see the list of text threads, then you can find the thread with the spam message and swipe left on it to delete the whole thing.

Depending on your carrier, they may have an app for your phone that will let you block calls and texts. T-Mobile (and now Sprint) uses one called T-Mobile Scam Guard. Sprint had a way to let you block things via their Web site; various redesigns have made it a PITA to find, but it was still there the last time I went hunting for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom