Thai Cave Rescue - Full, Amazing Story

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"I still can't beleive the rescues all worked"

Ice cold, fast flowing water that often ripped facemasks off.
One section required a one-mile long swim.

Thai divers doing their best but without any cave diving experience. Logistical help from U.S., experienced British cave divers on the hardest sections and thousand of others advising and assisting.

This may be one of the epic rescues of our time.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/12/world/asia/thailand-cave-rescue-seals.html

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"I still can't beleive the rescues all worked"

Ice cold, fast flowing water that often ripped facemasks off.
One section required a one-mile long swim.

Thai divers doing their best but without any cave diving experience. Logistical help from U.S., experienced British cave divers on the hardest sections and thousand of others advising and assisting.

This may be one of the epic rescues of our time.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/12/world/asia/thailand-cave-rescue-seals.html

Getting them all out was an extraordinary feat of organization and human effort. Salute.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I know about the specific cave is what has been in the papers.
Thailand basically has a dry season and then a wet season that can produce prodigious rainfall for 4 months or so, and the water pours into any underground openings that fill in the rainy season and drain out as springs in the dry season. The rainfall rates there have to be seen to be appreciated.
The coach took his team into a known death trap on the day that rain was forecast to start....and did. I celebrate the 10,000 people who saved the lives against all odds. I wonder what is going to happen to that coach, who may not be all that much older than the boys?

Latest posts

Top Bottom