Thank you Senator McCain for killing Obamacare repeal.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They're blaming McCain because he is a senior Senator that ran for his current term on repealing ACA.
So did the other two republican senators.
They had 50 some sham votes during ostupids term that we're just show votes to go home and tell their voters how they stood because the American public wanted it gone and to put a notch in their belts.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We, as in the people, aren't as polorized as the media and the politicians would like us to believe.

Went back and found what I wanted to post earlier. I'm not so sure on that polarization thing. Go to 31:20 and listen to what Chris Wallace responds to Kasich with. He basically says that Pelosi isn't going to give anything in compromise.

The whole Kasich segment starts at 26:40 and he almost has a breakdown over this subject. I think this guy needs counseling myself... :rolleyes:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went back and found what I wanted to post earlier. I'm not so sure on that polarization thing. Go to 31:20 and listen to what Chris Wallace responds to Kasich with. He basically says that Pelosi isn't going to give anything in compromise.

The whole Kasich segment starts at 26:40 and he almost has a breakdown over this subject. I think this guy needs counseling myself... :rolleyes:

Exactly.
This whole show in congress is not to govern, its to get re-elected.
(for SMS ) You may know this, but your posts haven't reflected it.
The senate and the house are controlled by the leadership.
You vote their way or your pork for your district goes away.
If the membership in congress does not like their leadership, and you buck the system, your pork and your committee memberships disappear.
Any candidate for any election can promise what they want to get votes. When they get to office on the congressional level, their first meeting is not to meet their staff, it's a meeting about how to get along and get reelected. (I.E. listen to the leadership)
Then they meet their staff that is part of the swamp. NO, NADA elected person in congress writes any bill.
The staffers that can be holdovers from the past administration or transfers from other areas write the bills.
If you have ever watched CSPAN, the folks in congress aren't speaking from the heart, they are reading a script, barely moving their eyes from the podium, pontificating about freedoms and those that will be taken away for a camera moment.
ITS NOT TRUMP!
You can't blame Trump when Congress is the stall. The house controls the budget, Trump can't control that.
The senate was formed to be a check on the House.
They are both running around Uranus like a bunch of satellites, with the house and senate leadership's being the nucleus.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...but Trump was gonna drain the swamp! The master of the deal was gonna fix it. Now he's just tweeting and folks are making excuses for him lol.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Transparency: each congress critter revealing their net worth yearly so their constituents can ponder what they are doing with the power they gave been given.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They use those hot button issues to get you to go along with the rest of their corporatized oligarchy agenda...just like the dems use social justice flavored items to get folks to go along with their corporatized oligarchy agenda.

In the end, we're all getting played. If you are trusting any politician simple because he promises not to take your guns away you might as well go ahead and give up your guns because you've already surrendered.

I just don't buy into that both parties are the same across the board, it's just not that simple. In some ways yes, absolutely they are, but where it counts to me? in a lot of ways... absolutely not. Can I carry in Chicago? Can I buy a suppressor anywhere? What are my rights here in Oklahoma should I defend myself, relative to California? Where did the constant rhetoric come from during the Obama administration about 2a rights? Pertaining to this thread, which party ramrodded the ACA down our throat?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just don't buy into that both parties are the same across the board, it's just not that simple. In some ways yes, absolutely they are, but where it counts to me? in a lot of ways... absolutely not. Can I carry in Chicago? Can I buy a suppressor anywhere? What are my rights here in Oklahoma should I defend myself, relative to California? Where did the constant rhetoric come from during the Obama administration about 2a rights? Pertaining to this thread, which party ramrodded the ACA down our throat?

Zactly. The parties are night and day different as to platform and I know which one I support and which one I call bullshite on.

But I do think that a lot of electees (regardless of party) are in it for the right reasons initially, but when they arrive in D.C. they are chewed up by the D.C. beast. Very few have the moral fortitude to stay unscathed for very long. I suspect that's why Mary Fallin only did one term in the House, as she just didn't like what went on up there and said OK I'll just run for governor back home. Most elected reps don't have that avenue to pursue so they surrender to the beast or quit like Jason Chaffetz did.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The obama administration only wishes it could have damaged the 2A as much as Reagan's. We're still trying to undo the damage he did. There's really no difference any longer

Latest posts

Top Bottom