Thank you!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GunSlingingPlatypus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want to say a big thank you to the 60 of you who were waiting outside the Edmond Academy this morning and took all the 9mm. Your desire to hoard and resell at a higher price is limiting those of us in law enforcement who have to provide our own training ammo from being able to practice and proficiently keep our communities safe. Thank you, neck beards.

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a citizen who tries to stay proficient with his own weapons I show thanks for those who are still shooting. For a while my wife and I have been doing more snap caps practice, but if I see 9mm I will buy it and I don't care if someone else wants to practice also. Buy, since I work every weekday and they don't bring in shipments on the weekend I am limited to ordering online and paying that price.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My goodness, really? I wasn’t at Academy, nor will I be. Haven’t we all learned our lesson to stock up on ammo when it’s not in short supply? When Trump wins this election, everybody please go out and buy ammo in cases!!! This isn’t a matter of greedy people anymore. It’s a matter of poor planning, and then wanting to blame everyone else.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I want to say a big thank you to the 60 of you who were waiting outside the Edmond Academy this morning and took all the 9mm. Your desire to hoard and resell at a higher price is limiting those of us in law enforcement who have to provide our own training ammo from being able to practice and proficiently keep our communities safe. Thank you, neck beards.

I commiserate with you, in a way, but how do you know they are going to resell it at a higher rate? I have more 9mm than I need right now, but not enough to last if this shortage continues for too long or (God forbid) Biden wins. I don't think of myself as a hoarder, just one who learned from the last shortage to buy it when it was cheap and readily available. One thing for sure, I am darn sure not going to resell any of it in order to make a profit. One: I don't think shooters gouging other shooters is very cool and two: I bought it to use it.
But then, so what if I did resell it? I have quite a bit of 9mm that I paid $10 or $11 bucks per box for. If I were to post it in the classifieds for say...$16 per box, I could make a little profit and still be giving others a good deal considering today's prices. Would that make me a neckbeard? ( Not gonna do it, just asking).

I am also of the opinion that my safety and that of my loved ones is really up to me for the most part, and I feel that I am as entitled as anyone to buy available ammo in order to maintain my own proficiency too. So where's the distinction? Should LEO's get priority over regular citizens at the ammo counter? I'd say that's up to the company selling the ammo.

I am however, surprised at the part about you, as a LEO, having to buy your own training ammo. Is that a common thing among various departments and agencies? That just doesn't seem right to me. I mean, they expect you to stay proficient, but don't help you out with ammo? Hmmmm, perhaps a little blame for your plight ought to be placed there.

I went to Big Boys yesterday and shot mostly .22lr and 32acp. But I also took a PPK in .380ACP, and had no problem buying a box of .380ACP ammo there for less than $20. I bet if you go there, or most places like that, you can most likely buy range ammo in .22lr, ,380ACP, 9mm or .45ACP or whatever at the range counter. Maybe just a box or two, but it beats none.

(Note: In the interest of full disclosure, I was not among the neckbeards at Academy or anywhere else , nor will I be. I have bought my ammo, for the most part, online. Phooey on that crap about getting up early to stand in line to buy a couple of boxes of ammo).

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel your pain but I don't do nines, I have a man caliber I'm hoarding, the 45 ACP. :boxing3:

Sorry to see cheap-ass department policies haven't changed.:police2:

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the people are willing to stand in line then they deserve to get it.When obama was in office, i would get off work at 1:00a.m. and be at walmart by 5:45 a.m on Saturday morning hoping to get my 3 box limit.Sometimes i did and sometimes i didn't.If i did i went to the range the next day.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven’t we all learned our lesson to stock up on ammo when it’s not in short supply? When Trump wins this election, everybody please go out and buy ammo in cases!!!

And might I add, when you buy them cases and cases of blasting (uh, I mean, TACTICAL PRACTICE) ammo, don't be stupid and shoot up every damn bit of it, thinking "Aww, I'll always be able to git some more at a cheap price," because -- in the words of Gomer Pyle, USMC: "SURPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISE!" you sure as hell won't be able to.

It's like buying a case of snacks at Aldi or Sam's, then after scarfing it all down you head back to the store and discover (1) they are plum out of your favorite or (2) sorry, that's a seasonal item and won't be back until next Christmas.

GunSlingingPlatypus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I work for a living and can't sit outside waiting for a business to open. One of the managers or leads at Academy overheard several of them talking about how they didn't need it, going to resell it, just because, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom