Thank you!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I work for a living and can't sit outside waiting for a business to open. One of the managers or leads at Academy overheard several of them talking about how they didn't need it, going to resell it, just because, etc.

There are those people. If you desperately need 9mm, PM me.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

StitchJones

Ayatollah of Rock-and-Roll-a
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only person at fault for your predicament is you, op.

Considering what is going on these days (rioting, covid panic, election year, etc). It shouldn't surprise anyone there is an ammo shortage.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am however, surprised at the part about you, as a LEO, having to buy your own training ammo. Is that a common thing among various departments and agencies? That just doesn't seem right to me. I mean, they expect you to stay proficient, but don't help you out with ammo? Hmmmm, perhaps a little blame for your plight ought to be placed there.
Just getting back from Colorado for the summer. One of my favorite spots to shoot there is the county range 2 miles from our RV Park.
Full sized steel targets with swingers in the vital areas of elk and deer at ranges out to 600 yards.
One day a group of us went to shoot pistols. The County Sheriff came over as we were getting ready and asked if we would hold off for a bit as they had some officers doing their semi-annual qualifications. Of course we agreed and talked to the Sheriff for a bit. I asked him how many times they qualified. Twice a year with 25 round at each qualification was his answer.
I didn't ask if the department provided practice ammo like some do, but suspect they don't. Their vehicles and equipment was badly dated.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only person at fault for your predicament is you, op.

Considering what is going on these days (rioting, covid panic, election year, etc). It shouldn't surprise anyone there is an ammo shortage.

I wasn't going to go that far, we already know that many LEOs are underfunded and often underpaid. Maybe the OP isn't in a financial position to stock up when times are good, like some. If it boils down to food for the family or ammo for the range, well, kids gotta eat. But yeah, on the other hand, a guy takes a job and knows in advance he's got to provide his own ammo. So it might just be a matter of priorities.

I do feel his pain. I think that many of us feel that what the neckbeards do is wrong, but neckbeards gonna neckbeard so there's that. Think of it like toilet paper, except I can do okay without ammo for awhile if I have to.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wasn't going to go that far, we already know that many LEOs are underfunded and often underpaid. Maybe the OP isn't in a financial position to stock up when times are good, like some. If it boils down to food for the family or ammo for the range, well, kids gotta eat. But yeah, on the other hand, a guy takes a job and knows in advance he's got to provide his own ammo. So it might just be a matter of priorities.

I do feel his pain. I think that many of us feel that what the neckbeards do is wrong, but neckbeards gonna neckbeard so there's that. Think of it like toilet paper, except I can do okay without ammo for awhile if I have to.
I'll say this, after 20+ years and a college degree in my profession I was making $8.20 per hour. I was training new hires making $10.50 per hour. We actually qualified for food stamps at one point but I never filed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom