Thank you!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GunSlingingPlatypus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wasn't going to go that far, we already know that many LEOs are underfunded and often underpaid. Maybe the OP isn't in a financial position to stock up when times are good, like some. If it boils down to food for the family or ammo for the range, well, kids gotta eat. But yeah, on the other hand, a guy takes a job and knows in advance he's got to provide his own ammo. So it might just be a matter of priorities.

I do feel his pain. I think that many of us feel that what the neckbeards do is wrong, but neckbeards gonna neckbeard so there's that. Think of it like toilet paper, except I can do okay without ammo for awhile if I have to.

I've been on here since 2006 (even though my "new" username doesn't show that). All agencies are underfunded. I'm in the "Feds" and contrary to popular belief I do not make a lot of money. They only provide us ammo to qualify with every year while we're on the range. Nothing is provided to us throughout the year. I am a single dad with two boys, mortgage, car payment, student loans, and an ex wife. Stocking up on 9mm was not a priority of mine. Providing food and abilities to "social distance" for my boys has been the priority.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will say one thing. While I understand your frustration, I would guess that less than 10% of the people that were in line at that Academy were OSA members so your complaint, while understandable, was unleashed on the wrong audience.

GunSlingingPlatypus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will say one thing. While I understand your frustration, I would guess that less than 10% of the people that were in line at that Academy were OSA members so your complaint, while understandable, was unleashed on the wrong audience.

This wasn't toward anyone on here, just venting. Figured I'd have an audience that understood my frustrations.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This wasn't toward anyone on here, just venting. Figured I'd have an audience that understood my frustrations.
Then, message received and commiserated with. I used to work at a Walmart sporting goods department so I know what you're talking about--though I never had to deal with 60 customers at once!

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been on here since 2006 (even though my "new" username doesn't show that). All agencies are underfunded. I'm in the "Feds" and contrary to popular belief I do not make a lot of money. They only provide us ammo to qualify with every year while we're on the range. Nothing is provided to us throughout the year. I am a single dad with two boys, mortgage, car payment, student loans, and an ex wife. Stocking up on 9mm was not a priority of mine. Providing food and abilities to "social distance" for my boys has been the priority.
Well if they give you enough ammo so that you qualify, then you’re good enough in their eye. You want to train over and above That, join the rest Of us lowly civilians and scrape up as best you can. Your safety and weapon proficiency is no less important than any of ours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom