Thanksgiving with friends and family

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No thanksgiving for us this year.
Parents are gone, one son is wheelchair bound after an accident, sister is on full oxygen with respiratory issues from smoking, so they don’t need around crowds. Other son is in the Dallas area and isn’t traveling because of kids sports activities. Wife’s remaining family will be on a ski trip with her mother in lockdown in an assisted living area.
We have been putting on the big family gatherings at our home for almost 30 years and enjoy doing it, so this year will be “different”.
Still haven’t figured out what we will be doing that day but it will certainly will be something non-traditional for us.
I have always cooked Thanksgiving dinner for our family and after my 2 girls married then they would come over with the grand kids and eat at my house. This year we are not doing that because of the Chinese virus and we are too old and have some health problems and are not going to risk the gathering.

So, I am going to still cook the Turkey, dressing, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, and I will build packages for each of their families and drive them over to their houses for them to eat. We are actually doing Thanksgiving this year on Friday because one of my sons-in-law is a first responder and will be on duty at either the fire station or the hospital (he is a firefighter/paramedic and a trauma center emergency room nurse) on Thursday, so we move Thanksgiving around to suit his schedule. So, I will still do all the cooking and the wife and I will deliver to each of their homes on Friday, then we will all get set to eat and zoom with everyone. Won't be the same, but will still give thanks for what we do have.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1605800285088.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom