Thanksgiving with friends and family

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, so now it's OK to go buy food from restaurants to pick up or take out....but you should take your own food, utinsils, plates and cups to your mother's house for Thanksgiving.

So says the CDC and some governors are warning the same thing. So food prepared and served in restaurants by people you don't know is safer that food prepared by your mother ?

The CDC continues to prove that it's run by morons to publish this kind of garbage.

Gohttps://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/daily-life-coping/everyone_can_make_thanksgiving_safer.html.pdf

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They can suck my cranberry sauce!!
upload_2020-11-18_11-4-43.jpeg

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will be happily having a big family gathering for Thanksgiving. We all understand that living life comes with risks. In my opinion if we spend all day trying to avoid risks what kind of life is that?
Everyone have a great Thanksgiving and decide for you and yours what is best.
God Bless

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In all fairness, people who work in restaurants are trained in safe food handling, grandma may be good at that... or not.
In all honesty you might want to get ahold of the stats for health inspections for restaurants in your area. Seems like some of them must have missed that training. And unless they are spraying your hamburger with lysol right before they serve it too you, then they have more chance of being hit with covid virus along the delivery of that food past 50 people you don't know.

I always like the places where the cooks, food handlers and waiters wear the gloves to handle your food and utinsils and then go to the cash register and ring up your bill, take your cash and make change with those same gloves on before returning to work on the next customer's meal.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t eat most food at my in-laws when we are not in a pandemic. No, the garage isn’t cold enough to safely store your egg salad, no you shouldn’t leave the food out all day long, covered with a table cloth....

If I recall, thanksgiving is the number one day for food poisoning.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t eat most food at my in-laws when we are not in a pandemic. No, the garage isn’t cold enough to safely store your egg salad, no you shouldn’t leave the food out all day long, covered with a table cloth....

If I recall, thanksgiving is the number one day for food poisoning.

I don't know, but I bet 4th of July and Memorial Day are up there, too. Potato salad is big during those times.

Latest posts

Top Bottom