That Time of Year

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Preparations have begun. October 22nd will come quick…….it’s my favorite season on my place.

38D19CBA-E977-4974-B892-BCC426E81FF2.jpeg
49E8B1CD-1E6A-4969-8847-EB5B5649D6EA.jpeg

34EDA80C-0AE1-4BFA-B77D-3CC0B13BA415.jpeg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I almost got my muzzleloader out last week but didn’t. My truck is packed full to head up in the morning, but I think I’ll put it in. I’m going to be by myself (other than the dogs) and not much to do between hunts, so it will be a good time to get sighted in. Thanks for posting this. :thumb:

Go to the beach and get a tan, enjoy the hot weather between hunts....... :)

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I almost got my muzzleloader out last week but didn’t. My truck is packed full to head up in the morning, but I think I’ll put it in. I’m going to be by myself (other than the dogs) and not much to do between hunts, so it will be a good time to get sighted in. Thanks for posting this. :thumb:
What kind of muzzleloader are you shooting?

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
abI’ve gone back to the old Knight I started with 20 years ago, but I upgraded it to use bare primers and am using blackhorn 209 powder.
Nice. Crazy with TC gone and Knight barely existing with limited distribution, the only mass produced modern style muzzleloaders I know of that are being made are CVA and Traditions!

I never used blackhorn 209 before I switched to smokeless, but I've been told in terms of "black powder substitute" it is amazing stuff!

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice. Crazy with TC gone and Knight barely existing with limited distribution, the only mass produced modern style muzzleloaders I know of that are being made are CVA and Traditions!
TC going out really surprised me too. We unfortunately are fans of what appears to be a dying sport. I think crossbows killed the ML.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I never used blackhorn 209 before I switched to smokeless, but I've been told in terms of "black powder substitute" it is amazing stuff!
BH209 is known to provide excellent accuracy. Besides the price and availability, It’s only downfall is ignition issues, normally a unique breach plug, specific primers, and sabot bullets are the only way to get consistent ignition.

Latest posts

Top Bottom