That Time of Year

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TC going out really surprised me too. We unfortunately are fans of what appears to be a dying sport. I think crossbows killed the ML.
In-lines and scopes killed Primitive Arms season.

As my dear old Dad once said:
"Any man that'd put a scope on a muzzleloader would squat to pee".

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As my dear old Dad once said:
"Any man that'd put a scope on a muzzleloader would squat to pee".
If squatting would improve my chances of killing a deer……then yes absolutely I would unashamedly squat to pee!

As my wife, who hunts herself, once said…….”hunt smarter not harder”…….and she squats to pee so maybe we’re onto something. 😂

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If squatting would improve my chances of killing a deer……then yes absolutely I would unashamedly squat to pee!

As my wife, who hunts herself, once said…….”hunt smarter not harder”…….and she squats to pee so maybe we’re onto something. 😂
I also have no issues using a scope on my TC. I really don't have a choice though as my eyes won't allow the use of iron sights.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Black powder season was my favorite. Started with a Lyman great plains 50 cal. Got tired of lugging it around and got a Thompson white mountain carbine 50 cal.
When they started allowing inlines and scopes I got a Remington 700ml 50 cal.
Later I wanted more versatility I got a Thompson encore 50 cal. Then purchased a 7mm mag barrel for it.
I've got a wall hanger percussion muzzleloader I need to drag out and see if anyone can shed some information on.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother has never been a fan of shooting or hunting with a muzzleloader and wanted to get his and our Dad’s Knight MK85’s out of his way, so I gladly took them.
I’ve never had a plunger type gun, and I’m really enjoying playing with them. Other than cocking it differently, it shoots really well like my old DISC rifle. These are both set up with 209 bare primer ignition, but I have the stuff to convert them back to using caps. My Dad’s came with an old Burris Fullfield 3-9 scope on it, and my brother’s wasn’t scoped. Since my brother’s gun isn’t as clean as my Dad’s, that’s the one I’m shooting. I was going to leave it unscoped, but I’m only a 50 yard shooter with open sights. I ended up putting a Leupold VX3 2.5-5 illuminated scope on it and have it sighted it with 80 grains of Pyrodex and 350 gr lead bullets.
If I decide to buy a muzzleloader license, this will more than likely be my hunting weapon this year.
625B81C1-CF8B-45B9-A3E1-211B24026935.jpeg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
They shoot really well and always go bang. I keep a couple of cheap knights on hand for back ups for me or anyone else in a bind. I paid $75 for two of them at a sheriff's auction.

Latest posts

Top Bottom