The 1919 and Gun Shows...all about the kids and veterans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Set up again (2nd time ever) to sell some more stuff and brought the 1919 again to draw some attention to the table. I'm figuring out that its popular among kids who arent used to seeing something like that, and to Veterans. I had many veterans stop and just look at it for a bit, ask questions or tell me stories. One guy was pushing a walker that had a little seat on it, walked up in his veterans cap and started talking to me about them and how he was in a 1919 crew back in the day. He took a seat and stayed there for about 15 minutes or so talking to us. Started in on a few stories and how he had been shot twice and showed me the scars (one on his forehead from a graze and one on his right chest that they had to dig the bullet out of). I've not had an "in" with these guys before so I've never really had a way to talk to them and hear what they wanted to say, but it sure is cool when they want to talk and share experiences.
I didnt sell squat (a spare 10/22 barrel) but it sure is cool to see the veterans reactions and get to listen to what they have to say. These guys wont be around forever so I'm glad to get to talk to a few while we can.
I think if we set up again, I'm going to offer to take it shooting with them if they want. I think one guy really wanted to shoot it but I didnt know how to really offer it up.
Pretty cool stuff.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Set up again (2nd time ever) to sell some more stuff and brought the 1919 again to draw some attention to the table. I'm figuring out that its popular among kids who arent used to seeing something like that, and to Veterans. I had many veterans stop and just look at it for a bit, ask questions or tell me stories. One guy was pushing a walker that had a little seat on it, walked up in his veterans cap and started talking to me about them and how he was in a 1919 crew back in the day. He took a seat and stayed there for about 15 minutes or so talking to us. Started in on a few stories and how he had been shot twice and showed me the scars (one on his forehead from a graze and one on his right chest that they had to dig the bullet out of). I've not had an "in" with these guys before so I've never really had a way to talk to them and hear what they wanted to say, but it sure is cool when they want to talk and share experiences.
I didnt sell squat (a spare 10/22 barrel) but it sure is cool to see the veterans reactions and get to listen to what they have to say. These guys wont be around forever so I'm glad to get to talk to a few while we can.
I think if we set up again, I'm going to offer to take it shooting with them if they want. I think one guy really wanted to shoot it but I didnt know how to really offer it up.
Pretty cool stuff.

I saw the 1919. You had a nice table; wish I'd known it was you. I'd at least stop and "shoot the ****" for a bit.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Dad and I stopped and talked to a guy at that table about his Kel-Tec rifle and how it was similar to an PLR-16 that I owned. I had seen the posts here about that before and just didn't put it together that it was the same guys. (DUH...how many of those are laying around, anyway?) If you make the offer to any of the guys and need a place to shoot, I have a place on the north side of Keystone lake between Prue and Osage and would be glad to have you.

Bryan

Latest posts

Top Bottom