The .22 pistols no longer thrill me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is correct I have 2 pistols and thought I would enjoy shooting them.
Not so much.
Not enough devastation or carnage I suppose. I do however really enjoy my 357 mag and 45acp and shooting my rifles.
Re-thinking this whole 22 pistol thing ,,that is all.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You trying to sandbag the ad I just placed for a couple .22lr pistols? Lol, just kidding.

I found a new appreciation for mine recently with the approval and delivery of a suppressor for them.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So sorry about the add timing.
That pistol you posted is a higher end one than what I have and probably is a bit more accurate.

There is one pistol in .22 that I really liked and it was a friends grandfathers a 6 shooter with a 12" barrel and he could hit a tin can can at 100 paces every time . We had a bunch of cans set up. I suppose if mine was that accurate I would enjoy them a bit more. His pistol with him shooting actually out shot my grandfather's old stevens semi auto .22 rifle with my blind eyes shooting the rifle 20-60 vision I refused to get glasses when I was a teen.

That shooting day taught me a few lessons. I have yet to see a .22 pistol shoot that well, he never missed!
That is all standing and shooting no rests.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
swampratt, i think you should check out a s&w model 17 with the 8 3/8's barrel. thats some fun plinking right there!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So sorry about the add timing.
That pistol you posted is a higher end one than what I have and probably is a bit more accurate.

There is one pistol in .22 that I really liked and it was a friends grandfathers a 6 shooter with a 12" barrel and he could hit a tin can can at 100 paces every time . We had a bunch of cans set up. I suppose if mine was that accurate I would enjoy them a bit more. His pistol with him shooting actually out shot my grandfather's old stevens semi auto .22 rifle with my blind eyes shooting the rifle 20-60 vision I refused to get glasses when I was a teen.

That shooting day taught me a few lessons. I have yet to see a .22 pistol shoot that well, he never missed!
That is all standing and shooting no rests.

Funny, I had a Browning Buckmark Silhouette with a 9 7/8" barrel. I had a Harris bipod and Leupold 4X pistol scope mounted on it. It was monotonously, repeatably one hole accurate. My buddies I frequently shot .22's with all hated it, because it would run circles around their rifles. I ultimately sold it because there was no challenge in shooting it. It wasn't "shooting", it was "hitting". Every... Time...

It's rare that I miss it for that reason. I still haven't figured out WTH is wrong with me that I'd sell it? :anyone:

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
I found a new appreciation for mine recently with the approval and delivery of a suppressor for them.

^^^This right here^^^

That, plus I am seeing .22lr ammo back on the shelves and the prices seem to be coming down.

.22 WMR, on the other hand, still seems to be pretty scarce and panic priced.

I recently picked up a couple of 50 rounders of Hornady Critical Defense 45grain .22 WMR's for about $5 less per box than I've seen them priced at most other places though, so maybe there is hope for .22 Magnum, too.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Bring those pistols to a steel challenge match at your local range for some real fun!

This right here( I also like shooting other reactive targets too), steel challenge is addictive!

Go and buy yourself some of the small .22 plate racks an shoot at those set up at different range's from 10yds out to 50yds, and add in some bullseye targets too. Now mix that all up with a rifle added to the fun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom