The 4th and pets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
image.jpg

Trial run going good as the neighborhood starts popping off.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good PSA for pet owners!

My chocolate lab Jax is not a bit timid about loud noises.
Yeah, my britts always ran toward the shot thinking there was a bird to retrieve.
A lot of dogs do go nuts though. Easy to fix if the owners have the time and have the place to do it.
Broke several gun shy dogs over the years. It does take time and the right environment.
Not trying to say anything bad about any dog owners in this thread. Sometimes there is nothing you can do.

Last edited:

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our shepherd mix freaks out. Wife has very little patience with the neighbors shooting off all hours of day and night for what seems like weeks. Our dog unfortunately has to spend allot of time in her kennel this time of year.

Our Great Pyrenees is the same way . . . he absolutely hates them. He heads straight for the dog house and won't come out. I don't mind them going off on the actual holiday after dark, but for the entire month of June whenever they want? Heck no.

Our new pup doesn't seem bothered by them, but he's my daughter's and she keeps him in a kennel inside over night.

Now, if I could just get my neighbors to stop shooting them off in the street between our houses instead of their own driveway . . . and to clean up after.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Benadryl is quite safe for dogs. 1-2mg per POUND. They handle it a lot better than humans.

We usually give our Shepherd a 25mg before we take her on a road trip. I dunno if she needs it anymore though. We used it for nausea, but I think she's gotten used to car rides enough she don't need it anymore. We do still give it for long rides just to keep her from being too antsy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom