The AMA Moves Left on Guns and Suicide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://patriotpost.us/articles/56541-the-ama-moves-left-on-guns-and-suicide
The AMA Moves Left on Guns and Suicide
It now supports an "assault weapons" ban and refuses to condemn physician-assisted suicide.
Jun. 13, 2018

…"Meanwhile, the AMA throwing its weight behind a ban on “assault weapons,” along with support for other limits to Americans’ Second Amendment rights, is a huge win for the anti-gun lobby. That’s especially true if the gun-grabbers can now make the argument that the AMA says guns are bad for one’s health."...

…"On the issue of physician-assisted suicide, the real ethical problem is two-fold. First, it puts a patient in a vulnerable position for risk of coercion, mistakes and even abuse (obviously with no opportunity for correction). Second, it has the potential to put a doctor on the hook legally speaking to perform a physician-assisted suicide even if they oppose the practice on ethical or religious grounds."...

cad8def57a5672c8609c2deed07647a817dea236b4b8a5126b9e8b179176c3d8.jpg

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been asked if there are guns in my home. I answer honestly. I don't care. I also believe I have the right to assisted suicide if and when the time may come that I get certain diagnoses from my doctors. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Pain management doctors tell me if I pop hot for THC they will drop me? Oops, too bad big boy. Because I just fired your dumb ass. Wait?? You wanna talk?? Nope, too late. You have extra time for that patient in the next room now.

I am what my PCP calls a compliant non-compliant patient. Treat me like an adult and I will do the same with you. This is MY medical care and I will make my own informed decisions, thank you. Last time I checked there were LOTS of doctors in the phone book.

Bottom line is don't start no ****, won't be no ****.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been counseled about not telling my VA Doctor that I have guns in the home by some other vets.
My VA Dr at the Blackwell clinic broke the ice when I told him I farm and he does too, then it progressed to hunting and guns.
Now we talk guns/hunting seasons while the exam is going on and for a short time after occasionally if he has time to chat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom