1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The AMA Moves Left on Guns and Suicide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RugersGR8, Jun 14, 2018 at 12:49 AM.

1. RugersGR8

RugersGR8 Sharpshooter

https://patriotpost.us/articles/56541-the-ama-moves-left-on-guns-and-suicide
    The AMA Moves Left on Guns and Suicide
    It now supports an "assault weapons" ban and refuses to condemn physician-assisted suicide.
    Jun. 13, 2018

…"Meanwhile, the AMA throwing its weight behind a ban on “assault weapons,” along with support for other limits to Americans’ Second Amendment rights, is a huge win for the anti-gun lobby. That’s especially true if the gun-grabbers can now make the argument that the AMA says guns are bad for one’s health."...

…"On the issue of physician-assisted suicide, the real ethical problem is two-fold. First, it puts a patient in a vulnerable position for risk of coercion, mistakes and even abuse (obviously with no opportunity for correction). Second, it has the potential to put a doctor on the hook legally speaking to perform a physician-assisted suicide even if they oppose the practice on ethical or religious grounds."...

[​IMG]

TonyKane1 likes this.
  2. RugersGR8

RugersGR8 Sharpshooter

3. doctorjj

doctorjj Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I literally know zero doctors who are members of the AMA.

Glocktogo, Annie and Rod Snell like this.
  4. Fyrtwuck

Fyrtwuck Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    A couple of my doctors have hinted about gun issues and ownership and I think I’m being interrogated slowly.

rc508pir likes this.
  5. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    The AMA can suck it. Never been, never will.

Annie and RETOKSQUID like this.
  6. Annie

Annie Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I have been asked if there are guns in my home. I answer honestly. I don't care. I also believe I have the right to assisted suicide if and when the time may come that I get certain diagnoses from my doctors. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Pain management doctors tell me if I pop hot for THC they will drop me? Oops, too bad big boy. Because I just fired your dumb ass. Wait?? You wanna talk?? Nope, too late. You have extra time for that patient in the next room now.

I am what my PCP calls a compliant non-compliant patient. Treat me like an adult and I will do the same with you. This is MY medical care and I will make my own informed decisions, thank you. Last time I checked there were LOTS of doctors in the phone book.

Bottom line is don't start no ****, won't be no ****.

7. Glocktogo

Glocktogo Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    They just want your recommendations on which guns to buy. ;)

Annie and MacFromOK like this.
  8. farmerbyron

farmerbyron Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Well I’m not going to ask my mechanic for medical advice just like I’m not going to ask my doctor for advice about guns.

Annie and Cowcatcher like this.
  9. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I have been counseled about not telling my VA Doctor that I have guns in the home by some other vets.
    My VA Dr at the Blackwell clinic broke the ice when I told him I farm and he does too, then it progressed to hunting and guns.
    Now we talk guns/hunting seasons while the exam is going on and for a short time after occasionally if he has time to chat.

10. golddigger14s

golddigger14s Marksman

I'm sorry what does a 1911 have to do with my gout? Ask me questions about things that relate to my health...Fine.
    Ask me about what I own? Kiss my butt.