The begaining of WW3?

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really don't care what China does with Taiwan. I damn sure wouldn't want my son to risk his life for Taiwan.

Maybe these heroes that think we need to go to war could start an all-volunteer army to go fight for Taiwan.....
With the way Joe handled Afghanistan and it’s collapse there’s no telling what he will do with Taiwan.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With the way Joe handled Afghanistan and it’s collapse there’s no telling what he will do with Taiwan.
That I agree with. Sadly if China does take Taiwan, or I should say when and the US does nothing, you can bet they will not stop there. It will be like WW1 and 2 again. We will sit out and say it is not our problem, until we are forced into it and it cost us a lot more sons and daughters.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure our elected officials have the stomach to change much in the South China Sea, they certainly don’t have the balls to do anything about it. A minor skirmish today will be hard to stomach for all of us.

Let’s be real, China will provoke until Taiwan makes a move to defend themselves and then all of the technology shared with Taiwan will become Chinese.

America is no longer the country to depend on for security and I believe it will come to a head over South Korea or Taiwan, both countries have prospered under the umbrella of Uncle Sam, poor old Uncle Sam is tired and is almost out of Geritol. His kids don’t want to take care of him anymore and his lectures have grown stale and will continue fall on deaf ears until we need a new hero.

I don’t see that hero anywhere in the shadows, I hope you do and they come out of hiding soon.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually the US has been isolationist for most of it's history right up until the end of WW2. Then we learned it is better to get it done before it becomes a major problem. The only thing wrong is we never have the political guts to make the first hit count and have to keep sending meat to the grinder. China invades Taiwan you watch, Biden will either send the Chinese a strongly worded letter, or will start something with a feeble counter hit that creates a long drug out war.

We could prevent the whole thing right now without violence. Tell China in no uncertain terms that we will halt all trade with them if they invade Taiwan, offer Japan and S Korea nuclear armed missiles if China does invade Taiwan, and start selling/giving Taiwan more Patriot batteries, get Israel to sell them Iron Dome tech, and we sell them lasers, etc.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What should he do?
Honestly? Not much. The good faith and credit of the United States has already been irreparably harmed by decades of self-serving decisions, to renege on SO many promises and agreements it has made. Our government has neither honor, nor integrity. So what would the upside be if it suddenly had a fit of conscience and came to Taiwan's defense, should the CCP attack? That's a legit question and I don't know what the answer is... :(

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honestly? Not much. The good faith and credit of the United States has already been irreparably harmed by decades of self-serving decisions, to renege on SO many promises and agreements it has made. Our government has neither honor, nor integrity. So what would the upside be if it suddenly had a fit of conscience and came to Taiwan's defense, should the CCP attack? That's a legit question and I don't know what the answer is... :(

We haven't any business over there now, any more than we had in Korea.

Governments do not have integrity, none of them. The best we could hope for is an educated and involved populace that held our representatives' feet to the fire. "no foreign entanglements" was good advice pretty much ignored since the day it was given.

Top Bottom